RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Tried both direct DL and Microsoft store. Neither version will run on either machine. I'm thinking my pc's aren't up to the task of running this software. Probably graphics card capabilites are not good enough.

Barbes66

Über Member
Tried both direct DL and Microsoft store. Neither version will run on either machine. I'm thinking my pc's aren't up to the task of running this software. Probably graphics card capabilites are not good enough.
Do you know what graphics capability you have in your PC? RGT recommends GeForce 9x as a minimum which isn't massively demanding. If your PC runs that or higher then you can probably rule out a GPU related issue. Just a thought.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Not remotely clued up about things like this but could firewall be blocking it ? And I know I bleat on about being on same network with both devices but very important it seems

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
I see @perswe is signed up for tomorrow's e-fondo which almost goes past my brother in laws house and up a hill in Colorado i did the summer before last. Anybody else?
BTW last night's SDW event was great, next week is a ITT. perfect way to start the weekend.

Last edited:

Barbes66

Über Member
I see @perswe is signed up for tomorrow's e-fondo which almost goes past my brother in laws house and up a hill in Colorado i did the summer before last. Anybody else?
BTW last night's SDW event was great, next week is a ITT. perfect way to start the weekend.
I'm seriously tempted - really enjoyed last week's - but there's a freak weather event here in Scotland tomorrow. 11c and sun is too good to miss so I'm probably going to get outside for the first time in weeks. Looking forward to Tuesday's one at 6pm GMT though.

perswe

Über Member
Prediction for tomorrow's efondo. I will stupidly over play my hand on the first segment. Hit the wall halfway on the second and regret I ever bought a bike on the third and then just coast aimlessly on the 4th. 5 minutes after it's over I will hate it. 5 minutes later I will love it. And after a shower I will come log in here and say it was brilliant even though my performance was not.

See you at 10 tomorrow @keithaitch . Briefly.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Prediction for tomorrow's efondo. I will stupidly over play my hand on the first segment. Hit the wall halfway on the second and regret I ever bought a bike on the third and then just coast aimlessly on the 4th. 5 minutes after it's over I will hate it. 5 minutes later I will love it. And after a shower I will come log in here and say it was brilliant even though my performance was not.

I'll start slowly and get dropped by the group I should stay with. I'll then ITT for a while unable to catch the group in front and unwilling to wait for the ones behind. After two sections I'll think this is futile and want to get off and have an early beer. As the third section starts I'll suddenly feel great and wished I hadn't let the group go at the beginning and ride like a demon and catch a couple of people. I'll then selfishly suck their wheels and drop them on the fourth section. I'll ride too hard between sections four and five and not have the energy left for section five where the two guys I dropped will almost catch me. They will push on to the end, treating it like a race and I will let them because the sections are over and I know I will have beaten them on the timed sections. I will finish all happy, have my beer, check the results and find they beat me by seconds. Grrrrr. Are there really five sections!!!!! that's going to hurt. I actually did the climb in treal life two years ago when I visited my in-laws who live in Golden. It's hard but not an alp. View from the tyop of the Rockies

Barbes66

Über Member
I'll start slowly and get dropped by the group I should stay with. I'll then ITT for a while unable to catch the group in front and unwilling to wait for the ones behind. After two sections I'll think this is futile and want to get off and have an early beer. As the third section starts I'll suddenly feel great and wished I hadn't let the group go at the beginning and ride like a demon and catch a couple of people. I'll then selfishly suck their wheels and drop them on the fourth section. I'll ride too hard between sections four and five and not have the energy left for section five where the two guys I dropped will almost catch me. They will push on to the end, treating it like a race and I will let them because the sections are over and I know I will have beaten them on the timed sections. I will finish all happy, have my beer, check the results and find they beat me by seconds. Grrrrr. Are there really five sections!!!!! that's going to hurt. I actually did the climb in treal life two years ago when I visited my in-laws who live in Golden. It's hard but not an alp. View from the tyop of the Rockies View attachment 574836
You snuck over to Scotland!

Barbes66

Über Member
Just found out that I, along with two others in my group, got DQ'd on the OTR 3.2 event today. I don't mind - it's the rules - but what is kind of irritating is not knowing what my real time average is which makes it kind of tricky to gauge effort when you're on the cusp. Anyone else think RGT could add averages to the top of the GUI alongside FPS?

perswe

Über Member
I don't even understand the 3.2 etc. I stay clesa of those as i'm not sure what it is. Yes...I know..I'm lazy...

Barbes66

Über Member
I don't even understand the 3.2 etc. I stay clesa of those as i'm not sure what it is. Yes...I know..I'm lazy...
It's the max average power threshold (3.2w/kg) which suits me if I want a steady ride and to ride with the front group instead of scrapping for top 50. But it's a bit of a lottery if I can't see what my average output is. Also, it didn't feel any harder than last time but I'm not going to sit in wheels to save watts just in case I get a DQ. But having the data would at least add another tactical dimension. I'm just having a whinge - I guess I'll just need to put in the training and join the big boy races :-)

kipster

Guru
Could you set up your Garmin/wahoo elemnt to show AVG power? You would need to connect on the opposite comms system to what youre using for rgt (ant+ or Bluetooth)

Barbes66

Über Member
Could you set up your Garmin/wahoo elemnt to show AVG power? You would need to connect on the opposite comms system to what youre using for rgt (ant+ or Bluetooth)
Might be possible Paul though I have a feeling that the Drivo is limited to one comms protocol or the other. But I'll check.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran

How did it turn out for you @perswe. I really enjoyed it and rode it well, finished 4th, but think i did the segments better than that. Only one did i have to do on my own. I really like the format. I'll be doing the one on Tuesday evening, though i suspect you won't have been eliminated from the devil by then, and then the last one next Sunday which includes a 20km climb as it's last section. Yippee!

Last edited:
Top Bottom