RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perswe

Über Member
How did it turn out for you @perswe. I really enjoyed it and rode it well, finished 4th, but think i did the segments better than that. Only one did i have to do on my own. I really like the format. I'll be doing the one on Tuesday evening, though i suspect you won't have been eliminated from the devil by then, and then the last one next Sunday which includes a 20km climb as it's last section. Yippee!
happy to report that I decided to go against my true nature and do an easy start and just save something for the end. The long hill was a struggle and compared to you in the other 3 segements I think that is where I lost almost everything. Third segement I think I was overall 8th....but on the last I was all alone and misjudged it a bit...as I think I had a lot more left to do. But all in all I have to be pleased...could not have done much better I think...it is on the uphills where I suffer alot...then it feels good to be in the grupetto where we all suffer alike and not go for broke from the getgo and then just fade away. Neil Young got that one wrong. Its the burn outs that causes the fade aways...

So a 20k uphill to finish it off sounds exactly like my cup of tea. Perfect.

perswe

Über Member
How are the wingmen doing @AndyMacca @keithaitch ? Are you defending the green unkool colours properly? Did I see a solid TT-result in the series table?
I'm doing my best to honour the green shirt in the omniums. There was a fun points race Tuesday where I was eliminated 10th or so, but had managed to scrape in 1 point (more down to pure luck than skill) which awarded me a 5th place since the top 3 took almost all other available points. One other person was sporting the same shirt after @AndyMacca had left the omnium and I thought it was a friend of someone here now joining the ranks. But it turned out to be former omnium world champion (and olympic track medalist) Tara Whitten..clad in the same shirt. I think we are moving up in the world of cycling! Fame and fortune awaits around the corner. Currently, I am practising my photo pose and signature writing...now I just have to come up with a good stage name/nickl name. Is "the cannibal" already taken? How about "El pistolero", surely that is not taken? Maybe just..."that guy in green with the tent on his bike for anything uphillish".

AndyMacca

How are the wingmen doing @AndyMacca @keithaitch ? Are you defending the green unkool colours properly? Did I see a solid TT-result in the series table?
I'm doing my best to honour the green shirt in the omniums. There was a fun points race Tuesday where I was eliminated 10th or so, but had managed to scrape in 1 point (more down to pure luck than skill) which awarded me a 5th place since the top 3 took almost all other available points. One other person was sporting the same shirt after @AndyMacca had left the omnium and I thought it was a friend of someone here now joining the ranks. But it turned out to be former omnium world champion (and olympic track medalist) Tara Whitten..clad in the same shirt. I think we are moving up in the world of cycling! Fame and fortune awaits around the corner. Currently, I am practising my photo pose and signature writing...now I just have to come up with a good stage name/nickl name. Is "the cannibal" already taken? How about "El pistolero", surely that is not taken? Maybe just..."that guy in green with the tent on his bike for anything uphillish".
You're doing really well in those Omnium events Per, I think by the end of next Tuesday your ranking will have moved up to Gold! 🥇
1614332086634.png

I'm paying the price for not using my cheating Wattbike and have slipped into the mid-field. Hopefully they will call me today to arrange pick-up so I can get it back in ten days or so. It'll be down on watts (hopefully to something resembling reality) but at least I'll get rid of the pedal lag which is quite costly in RGT when you need to react to being dropped from groups etc.
The wingman cup is going ok think we're holding our own. I love the idea of working for a team though, it definitely makes me work harder, I hope there's another TdM we can get caught up in again one day, now the painful memories of Galibier are subsiding I miss it. Back to the Wingman TT - remember our TT practice during the TdM with all the overshooting? Anyhow it was nothing like that, Keith and I managed to ride together till the last KM then he shot off up the final ramp. Using an audio channel on discord made a huge difference, although the quality was terrible and I only understood half what Keith was saying it was good enough for us to do efforts on the front and stay together really well.
You can see once we got dialed in our speed is pretty consistent (ignoring the RGT to Strava timing oscilations) although power and HR are reflecting our 1 minute pulls. It breaks down a bit at the end when Keith was doing most of the work. 😄
1614332738293.png

perswe

Über Member
You're doing really well in those Omnium events Per, I think by the end of next Tuesday your ranking will have moved up to Gold! 🥇
View attachment 575846
I'm paying the price for not using my cheating Wattbike and have slipped into the mid-field. Hopefully they will call me today to arrange pick-up so I can get it back in ten days or so. It'll be down on watts (hopefully to something resembling reality) but at least I'll get rid of the pedal lag which is quite costly in RGT when you need to react to being dropped from groups etc.
The wingman cup is going ok think we're holding our own. I love the idea of working for a team though, it definitely makes me work harder, I hope there's another TdM we can get caught up in again one day, now the painful memories of Galibier are subsiding I miss it. Back to the Wingman TT - remember our TT practice during the TdM with all the overshooting? Anyhow it was nothing like that, Keith and I managed to ride together till the last KM then he shot off up the final ramp. Using an audio channel on discord made a huge difference, although the quality was terrible and I only understood half what Keith was saying it was good enough for us to do efforts on the front and stay together really well.
You can see once we got dialed in our speed is pretty consistent (ignoring the RGT to Strava timing oscilations) although power and HR are reflecting our 1 minute pulls. It breaks down a bit at the end when Keith was doing most of the work. 😄
View attachment 575847
yeah i miss the tdm team feel as well. It really was a fantastic way in to rgt..
Maybe a bit too good?
Great to hear about the tt-experience!

perswe

Über Member
yeah i miss the tdm team feel as well. It really was a fantastic way in to rgt..
Maybe a bit too good?
Great to hear about the tt-experience!
i note there is the TDC March 6-10. Anyone planning to participate?

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
I echo @AndyMacca sentiments about the wingman cup. There is something about being in a team in this individual sport. I have dropped my second daily ride from my Tuesday and Wednesday schedule to be fresh fue the cup event on the Wednesday evening and felt the benefit this week in the TTT. My wife and Sergi the cat are happy because apparently I was also over tired, irritable and grouchy, but obviously it's riding with Andy that is the key factor in me relaxing the training.... A little.

Top Bottom