RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Yes I would have. Looked awful. Nice to be outside again...but this week it will be back to zero degrees and perhaps a bit of snow again...so...back in the shed again
I see though that you have qualified for next Sundays championship so hopefully we will be together on the start line then.

perswe

Über Member
I see though that you have qualified for next Sundays championship so hopefully we will be together on the start line then.
sadly not because of outstanding results, but just because I did more than one. But the final looks fun so I might do it

AndyMacca

Don't suppose anybody is doing tonight's Slovenian in 30 minutes
Didn't finish work in time but that's always a good one to do. Ended up on Bkool which isn't the same, rides need a mass start.
Wattbike get's picked up on Thursday but apparently I can't ride it for 3 days prior so I've done my last ride on it - covid stuff.
I've just bought a dumb trainer to use in conjunction with my power meter pedals so hopefully I can still get on RGT for the rides. Pick it up tomorrow.

perswe

Über Member
See you on the start line in the morning @perswe. I'm counting on you to pull me through the first two bumpy segments.
good one today @keithaitch ...sorry you dropped the chain on that segment! My plan was to go hard first 2 and then hope I would have something left for third ...abd then just take it nice and slow up that hill...man those 10%+ parts I did nor enjoy...

AndyMacca

I should've joined you guys, it was freezing outside.
Anyone got RGT plans for the week ahead?
My plan is the usual Tuesday TnT optimistic fail 6PM UKT and the Wednesday Wingman Cup 7PM but that's it.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
I should've joined you guys, it was freezing outside.
Anyone got RGT plans for the week ahead?
My plan is the usual Tuesday TnT optimistic fail 6PM UKT and the Wednesday Wingman Cup 7PM but that's it.
I'm doing the TTT recce on Monday evening, not sure if it's a race or a pootle, Wednesday is my birthday and for the last five years I've done a beautiful ride in the mountains near Barcelona but can't this year because of covid mobility restrictions. So, instead I'm having an easy day and then giving it my all in the wingman cup. I felt really strong yesterday and hope it k lasts until Wednesday so we can move up a little in the ranking. I feel we haven't quite done ourselves justice in this one yet. Thursday is the frenchies race, always really well (usually over 100) attended and fun, this week is champs elysee sprint perfect for @AndyMacca and @perswe if you did bkool on Saturday. Friday evening the series organized by SDW which is also fun and will attended. All this activity means it's hardly surprising in getting pr's when let loose in the real world on Saturdays!

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
good one today @keithaitch ...sorry you dropped the chain on that segment! My plan was to go hard first 2 and then hope I would have something left for third ...abd then just take it nice and slow up that hill...man those 10%+ parts I did nor enjoy...
Firstly, as posted on Strava thx for dropping back for me and pulling me back to the group after the chain drop on the second segment, that will teach me to use the little ring! I also loved the times between sections when just you and I were riding tempo, it felt like a social ride with a friend! My plan worked well, use the big guys on the first section and then hit the climbs hard at the end of the third and all of the fourth. I was happy to be behind people at the start of the that l last climb as it gave me targets. I've loved the format, let's hope more events start to include the concept of segments.

perswe

Über Member
I'm doing the TTT recce on Monday evening, not sure if it's a race or a pootle, Wednesday is my birthday and for the last five years I've done a beautiful ride in the mountains near Barcelona but can't this year because of covid mobility restrictions. So, instead I'm having an easy day and then giving it my all in the wingman cup. I felt really strong yesterday and hope it k lasts until Wednesday so we can move up a little in the ranking. I feel we haven't quite done ourselves justice in this one yet. Thursday is the frenchies race, always really well (usually over 100) attended and fun, this week is champs elysee sprint perfect for @AndyMacca and @perswe if you did bkool on Saturday. Friday evening the series organized by SDW which is also fun and will attended. All this activity means it's hardly surprising in getting pr's when let loose in the real world on Saturdays!
tuesday the omnium for me, thursday bkool (i still enjoy that), friday bkool in a french league as I can't do friday evenings (rgt afternoons rarely has anything on offer). Saturday and/or Sunday something on rgt. Haven't seen anything so far but anything (no later than 1600 cet) that can offer numbers in participation, I'm up for. Long, short, flat, hilly...doesn't matter...

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
tuesday the omnium for me, thursday bkool (i still enjoy that), friday bkool in a french league as I can't do friday evenings (rgt afternoons rarely has anything on offer). Saturday and/or Sunday something on rgt. Haven't seen anything so far but anything (no later than 1600 cet) that can offer numbers in participation, I'm up for. Long, short, flat, hilly...doesn't matter...
Yes, I'm looking for Sunday morning to replace the efondo which has finished. I think there is a masters event. Ok for me, but i suspect being beaten by one old man (occasionally) is ok for you but a load of us getting the better of you might be hard for the ego!.... And the legs! I'll let you know what I find, would be great to ride together.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
This also looks good to delay Saturday evening drinking. Everybody set off in pairs at 10 second intervals. You get paired with somebody you dont know and then possibly work together or try to get across to the pair in front. I think I'll get into the pen late to have rabbits up the road. https://rgtdb.com/series/wkgsdw

Top Bottom