RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barbes66

Über Member
well.....62 year young today and my big present is moving @AndyMacca and I up the wingman cup rankings with a stage that hopefully is made for me. Two intermediate climbs and much like Paris Nice today an uphill finish. Let's hope both Tao and I have our mojos working and can deliver the goods! I know it's a bad time family wise but that Saturday afternoon series along the South Downs way looks like fun and it would be good to get numbers into it.
Happy birthday @keithaitch. Have a good one! Club rides are back on in Scotland from this weekend but if the weather's rubbish I'll look out for you all on RGT on Sunday mornings.

AndyMacca

perhaps @Andy can do domestique duties this evening and have my favourite beer in his bottles as an incentive for me not to lose his wheel and then we share it at the end!
Not sure about you losing my wheel but at least we were together till the 1st hill. :cheers:

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
@perswe just to let you know that after two consecutive 100 kms days that have left me tired and leg heavy and with a TTT tomorrow evening I've changed my rgt ride for tomorrow morning. I can't face an 80 kms race so have opted for the equally hard but only half the distance rerun on the Paris troyes that I did a week ago which starts at 10;00,it's also rated and I think I need some rated rides that suit me for a change. Hope to see you on the start line

shimceltic

Veteran
@perswe just to let you know that after two consecutive 100 kms days that have left me tired and leg heavy and with a TTT tomorrow evening I've changed my rgt ride for tomorrow morning. I can't face an 80 kms race so have opted for the equally hard but only half the distance rerun on the Paris troyes that I did a week ago which starts at 10;00,it's also rated and I think I need some rated rides that suit me for a change. Hope to see you on the start line
Keith, you need to man up 😂

mjd1988

Guru
Had another go at RGT, bit disappointed about how little it's come on in the last year, maybe unfair to judge outside of a race setting as maybe it's positioning itself purely that way? Background graphics a bit ms Paint 1997 - usually don't care that much about graphics but when there are no other riders about I found my attention going.

Found the user interface v clunky, even compared to zwift, but some of that may be specific to apple TV. Didn't like how I had to unpair trainer even after I'd finished the ride.

Does anyone know if there is a trainer % adjuster or is it just 100%, my bike is stuck in big ring so found the climb hard going?

When I did eventually find another rider I did like the draft information- I found the draft itself tricky to figure out but I liked the idea of how many watts you are saving so that'll be interesting in a race.

As I say most of those things don't matter if the race physics are better than zwift so may try a race sometime soon

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Had another go at RGT, bit disappointed about how little it's come on in the last year, maybe unfair to judge outside of a race setting as maybe it's positioning itself purely that way? Background graphics a bit ms Paint 1997 - usually don't care that much about graphics but when there are no other riders about I found my attention going.

Found the user interface v clunky, even compared to zwift, but some of that may be specific to apple TV. Didn't like how I had to unpair trainer even after I'd finished the ride.

Does anyone know if there is a trainer % adjuster or is it just 100%, my bike is stuck in big ring so found the climb hard going?

When I did eventually find another rider I did like the draft information- I found the draft itself tricky to figure out but I liked the idea of how many watts you are saving so that'll be interesting in a race.

As I say most of those things don't matter if the race physics are better than zwift so may try a race sometime soon
[/QUOTE
I was going to tell you to post on rgt users facebook page where you would get answers to all your points so you could remedy them and have the great experience I for one am having on rgt but I'll try and answer them here
0.5 Rgt is for anybody, those who like to race, those who want to do rides indoors that they've riden themselves, those who want to do workouts, those who want to ride with others on prepared magic roads which are incredibly true to life.
1. Graphics are in fact really good, what setting did you have, low, medium or ultra and what fps were you getting?
2.Why were there no riders, were you on a ride you'd created? I've never found less than 50 on the most populous of the ride now options.
3. What trainer are you using. I never have to unpair my whaoo kickr core after a ride, just end the ride on the phone app and exit the screen app.
4. Yes the fourth square on the phone app when you are riding is slope and you can adjust it, on the fly if you like and it will reduce the gradient affect while not giving you an advantage over others because if this.

Hope this helps and suggest you do go to the rgt facebook uers page as there you will get a helpful response form a friendly community who have much more knowledge than me about rgt and are happy to help people get the most out of a great platform.

mjd1988

Guru

1. Cheers for the reply, I suppose it was the background graphics the rider graphics are fine. Normally I probably don't look too far at the background on zwift. Now I'm new to the app(s) so not sure it may have been running on basic so I'll check that out

2. was riding cap formentor. Think there was about 50 people but not sure if that includes people who clearly aren't actively cycling?

3. Riding a kickr snap.

4. That's really helpful. I'm riding an old steel bike with a dodgy rerailleur so was having to cross chain/grind in the big wheel so ended up ending the ride earlier. That'll make a big difference.

So next time I'll adjust trainer difficulty and see where I am with graphics setting as it maybe was on a basic setting - did look worse than videos I've seen. Ta!

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I've done two RGT rides this week, both on Cap formentor. The graphics are pretty damn realistic. Very close to what I remember from IRL three years ago.

It's a damn clunky interface thought :eek:

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
I've done two RGT rides this week, both on Cap formentor. The graphics are pretty damn realistic. Very close to what I remember from IRL three years ago.

It's a damn clunky interface thought :eek:
Just takes a bit of getting used to, i find out pretty seamless now. PM me if you want to chat, I'd love to ride with you again, racing or social .

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Just takes a bit of getting used to, i find out pretty seamless now. PM me if you want to chat, I'd love to ride with you again, racing or social .
Morning Keith
Do you know if there is any events in the pipeline ? Either leagues or few day events
- need to get my legs hurting
I’ve had a quick look but may well have missed things
Cheers boss

shimceltic

Veteran
Morning Keith
Do you know if there is any events in the pipeline ? Either leagues or few day events
- need to get my legs hurting
I’ve had a quick look but may well have missed things
Cheers boss
I got an email about an Italian 3 day event starting Friday ( I think ) also some 10mile TTs are on the horizon

Top Bottom