RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
Cheers @Randyberlin that was fun

mjd1988

Guru
Thanks for sorting that @Randyberlin. Enjoyed it after I half-killed myself sprinting to latch onto the pack after messing up the start. But it's a lot easier and more realistic to take a breather in the pack once you get a bit used to it.

Well done @mjd1988 - nicely timed sprint at the end :okay:

Cheers! Another second and I reckon you'd have steamed past. Definetly managed to conserve energy for the sprint, hope there are no hills on RGT...

AndyMacca

Could be. I’m out of town for 2 weekends in April. But very easy to set up.
Sorry Randy I missed the race for some reason I thought it was further in the future. Anyhow sounds like it was fun for you guys. Will try and be on the next one if you do one, looks like it's going to be a close run series 👍
Today I will definitely get my trainer set-up, it was returned last Thursday but I just got caught up in non-cycling stuff.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Guys,
Yesterday was the end of a series I've been competing in on Friday evenings that i can really recommend, the sdw Friday frenzy. It is really well organized, great participation, friendly atmosphere and varied courses. I was third in category so a good level for us. The next series starts in a week or two and I think they are introducing a team element. I like the time (18:00uk time) , stops you drinking too early and sets you up nicely for the weekend. I know the good weather is coming and I'll be reducing my trainer sessions too but this is one I'll continue with. Anybody fancy joining me, teams of 2-4 people.

shimceltic

Veteran
Guys,
Yesterday was the end of a series I've been competing in on Friday evenings that i can really recommend, the sdw Friday frenzy. It is really well organized, great participation, friendly atmosphere and varied courses. I was third in category so a good level for us. The next series starts in a week or two and I think they are introducing a team element. I like the time (18:00uk time) , stops you drinking too early and sets you up nicely for the weekend. I know the good weather is coming and I'll be reducing my trainer sessions too but this is one I'll continue with. Anybody fancy joining me, teams of 2-4 people.
I'd be interested but a hard race ( for me ) impacts my ability on a Saturday real ride, and like you said with the weather looking better I'm hoping to get out most weekends.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
I'd be interested but a hard race ( for me ) impacts my ability on a Saturday real ride, and like you said with the weather looking better I'm hoping to get out most weekends.
All of the races so far have been about 40 minutes and none have been killer courses. I'll post the link when the first event is posted, also the first two in the team score so if you missed one week it wouldn't matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom