RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barbes66

Über Member
yes it means you can register

Yes my trend is getting dropped once in nicely in the group and then having to TT to the end, 17kms tonight. Great training but I'd prefer to be sat in the group.
I'm up for the odd Friday ride though next Thursday is vax day so it'll probably be the week after.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
I'm up for the odd Friday ride though next Thursday is vax day so it'll probably be the week after.
Great I'll add you to the list Craig. Good luck with the vaccine, I'll felt crap for a couple of days but then fine.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Guys Otr racing is looking for one or two people to fill out the TTT team that I'm a member of for the mrett series. It's a six week series, six man event and races are about 40 minutes usually weekend evenings around 17:00/18:00 uk time but the day and time is agreed among the team. It's a great event, I really enjoyed the last series....anybody want to join me?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Guys Otr racing is looking for one or two people to fill out the TTT team that I'm a member of for the mrett series. It's a six week series, six man event and races are about 40 minutes usually weekend evenings around 17:00/18:00 uk time but the day and time is agreed among the team. It's a great event, I really enjoyed the last series....anybody want to join me?
Really don’t think I could be relied upon weekends as good chance if the sun comes out , I will be outside
Plus I am rubbish at ttt

berty bassett

Legendary Member
You are rubbish at everything but that doesn't seem to stop you showing up and beating me. Good luck this afternoon hope youare mere inches behind me at the end.
I do like your honesty 😂
I don’t mind being inches behind you at the end boss - have you seen the size of my nose - part of me will be first across the line 👍

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
I think we are all still learning how to best ride in groups on RGT and for example how not to get dropped from groups on RGT for reasons other than lack of legs! it's still happening too often for me. Today I realised three things.
Pro tips from a complete amateur #1. (an occasional series from somebody who knows very little!)
when you move towards the front of the group because you've applied some power I used to ease up on the pedals. This though causes you to loose power and you can then get swamped and start yoyoing back and forth. My revelation was simply to change down a gear or two as I approached the very front of the group and this reduced my speed very slightly, enough for me to not overtake the front people but just allowed me to sit on their wheels nicely and then I changed back up when nicely adhered.
Pro tips from a complete amateur #2.
Having ascertained the size of the group by going to the back I then sat around the middle applying some power if my position ever dropped below the half way mark of the group to take me back up towards the front. This worked well on the flat, descents and on the climbs. This stopped me from being in danger of accidently getting dropped.
Pro tips from a complete amateur #3.
On bends you can easily get dropped if you are on the outside of the group. If it's just one bend then be prepared to absolutely hammer it out of the bend. If it's a series of bends with changing directions then it's worth going into the red to ensure that you don't get dropped on the 4th bend when you suddenly find yourself on the outside.

More tips when I think of something !

Barbes66

Über Member
Good tips. 1 & 3 particularly. I would also add a fourth. Or a 1a. When hammering it at the start and you appear to get a flyer, don't ever relax until you're completely sure it's reached a steady pace. I've been dropped a couple of times thinking I was safely in the front bunch only to be swamped as you describe in No. 1.

mjd1988

Guru
Here's the link for the first event in the SDW Friday frenzy series which is a week on Friday. I'll inform the organizer that the koolers will be there as a team, me, @AndyMacca, @berty bassett . (if anybody else wants to join I'll just add you to the list) to once again strike fear into the hearts of the SDW club as we did in the TdM. I got it wrong and the best three score points for the team. http://app.rgtcycling.com/event?code=m4VKLJeWU5

Do you have to be a paid member to do the race series?

mjd1988

Guru
Should I add you to the team. This series you don't have to do all of the races but if you are there and you get one of the best three times on the team then it would count towards the team's result. All I'd need to know is your RGT name.

Yeah doubt I'll make many of them as it's not a great time but feel free to add me just in case as I would like to try some - Michael Doris

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
No M.Cavendish will do nicely. Btw any tactics for tonight or just the usual try and stay with the front group sitting in the wheels as much as possible and try to learn how to sprint (me, not Andy). Apparently there is a very short double digit kick about 0.5 kms into the circuit. If I'm not needed a lead out for Andy(in which case I'll give it my all for as long as I can at the kite hoping to string things out) I'll give it a go there on both the penultimate and final laps.

Top Bottom