RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
I'm monitoring the weather forecast, it looks like it could be dry and there is a great café which does the most amazing almond croissants. If the forecast changes I could be tempted by a longer ride

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Trying to get out a bit more weekends but if lousy weather👍

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Great series @perswe . Sorry in the last one I wanted to try to give you lead out but we were both badly positioned with 300 to go. We should have been at the front at the start of the last lap to get the inside line and then just held it. You must be gold after tonight's efforts.

perswe

Über Member
Great series @perswe . Sorry in the last one I wanted to try to give you lead out but we were both badly positioned with 300 to go. We should have been at the front at the start of the last lap to get the inside line and then just held it. You must be gold after tonight's efforts.
yeah...I think I was thinking too much about holding on and not paying enough attention to when to start the sprint...left that a little late. Same with the sprint race...but the other way round...got out in front with 150 to go...so even if I had more left in the legs too many ate me up. But a good result...and happy to see you in all four races...the last long felt...well...long. It means so much to get the right line and avoid the outside line. But desperately hard to maintain the inner line onvce you get it...but being there saves you a lot of effort. But it is all about getting it right the last 1k...abd since everybody is thinking the same...it does become hard. And in the omniums one has no time to bother much about the collision braking I find. You just have to ride though it putting in a power surge and find the line again. Because if you ease off too much to go back to green you get dropped. It is good fun though and a bit frustrating when your avatar veers right when you see a good free space left ...:laugh:...and when avatars find a space where there is none...pushing you out to the right

perswe

Über Member

...and it turns out that as i've only done omniums and e-fondos on rgt since they introduced the rankings and as the efondos are not ranked races (lucky me as I really did not have any stellar performances there...unlike @keithaitch). So the one race where I can compete is where I also can mine for gold.

So now that have reached all my life goals...what do I do now? Probably time to write my memoirs. They are called "the man who Keith dragged up a hill, but came down a mountain". A four volume set....because he did drag me up many hills.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
well.....62 year young today and my big present is moving @AndyMacca and I up the wingman cup rankings with a stage that hopefully is made for me. Two intermediate climbs and much like Paris Nice today an uphill finish. Let's hope both Tao and I have our mojos working and can deliver the goods! I know it's a bad time family wise but that Saturday afternoon series along the South Downs way looks like fun and it would be good to get numbers into it.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
so close.... https://rgtdb.com/series/tnt-mar-09 and 17 out of 89 will do nicely for me in a big boys' race!

AndyMacca

Happy Birthday @keithaitch, yes let's put in a big effort tonight and earn all the beers and cakes! 😊 Climbs aren't my thing but if I can lend a hand by going into the red at the start I'm happy to. 👍
I'll pencil in the South Downs but I'm 50/50 for Saturday as I'm up in Colchester in the morning and not sure what time I'll get back.

AndyMacca

so close.... https://rgtdb.com/series/tnt-mar-09 and 17 out of 89 will do nicely for me in a big boys' race!
Flying high @perswe well done, these TnT's are seriously hard racing!
1615361434097.png

Top Bottom