RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
Keith, won't be doing the 10am but gonna do the 38km at 15:00

AndyMacca

That is heart rate lag, your 1200W effort, bumped your heart rate upto 170bpm. :biggrin:
Yeah and minimum 170bpm is a true reflection of that effort, it was all in. My mate just broke from the group without warning so I went to chase him down. I can probably blame the lag on the optical sensor, normally indoors I use a chest strap but for some reason maybe because rides tend to be longer or I don't care so much about HR accuracy I just use the watch to record.
What I cant blame on the watch though is the massive delta between my Wattbike and my pedals, I already knew my trainer was generous but last summer when I bought the pedals they seemed much more aligned more like 5% although it did bug me enough to raise a support ticket I didn't see it through. I may need to tinker a bit more but my playing around yesterday highlighted a huge difference, basically my numbers from the wattbike are flattering by up to 10% and even more at high watts. For example I did 5 sprints.
Vectors: 1026, 1109, 947, 1056 & 1141
Wattbike: 1295, 1262, 1070, 1246 & 1318
Those are shocking gaps. I feel really embarrassed about it thinking I was getting stronger but more likely my bikes just been going more adrift. Like I say I'll play with the pedals settings to make sure they're as good as they can be and I'll ride later using them on RGT, I tried them on Bkool yesterday but they wouldn't zero out to start a ride. I've raised another support ticket but I expect it'll be a long time till an engineer can visit, in the meantime I'll stick to RGT where my pedals can be used for power as although I read it can take a few rides to bed them in I can't see that gap getting sufficiently close. :sad:
💩

shimceltic

Veteran
Yeah and minimum 170bpm is a true reflection of that effort, it was all in. My mate just broke from the group without warning so I went to chase him down. I can probably blame the lag on the optical sensor, normally indoors I use a chest strap but for some reason maybe because rides tend to be longer or I don't care so much about HR accuracy I just use the watch to record.
What I cant blame on the watch though is the massive delta between my Wattbike and my pedals, I already knew my trainer was generous but last summer when I bought the pedals they seemed much more aligned more like 5% although it did bug me enough to raise a support ticket I didn't see it through. I may need to tinker a bit more but my playing around yesterday highlighted a huge difference, basically my numbers from the wattbike are flattering by up to 10% and even more at high watts. For example I did 5 sprints.
Those are shocking gaps. I feel really embarrassed about it thinking I was getting stronger but more likely my bikes just been going more adrift. Like I say I'll play with the pedals settings to make sure they're as good as they can be and I'll ride later using them on RGT, I tried them on Bkool yesterday but they wouldn't zero out to start a ride. I've raised another support ticket but I expect it'll be a long time till an engineer can visit, in the meantime I'll stick to RGT where my pedals can be used for power as although I read it can take a few rides to bed them in I can't see that gap getting sufficiently close. :sad:
💩
Thought the watt bike was supposed to be super accurate?

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
💩
Just one query here, I understand everything except for the statement "My mate........" We can believe you can put out 15.0 w/kg but mate!!!! no way!

AndyMacca

Thought the watt bike was supposed to be super accurate?
Guess I got a duffer, they will have to fix or replace.
Just one query here, I understand everything except for the statement "My mate........" We can believe you can put out 15.0 w/kg but mate!!!! no way!
You're right, looking back now he wasn't racing, I think he was trying to get away from me. Still it's good training for him.

AndyMacca

@AndyMacca is this a steady group ride
Sorry wasn't here during the ride, yeah it's supposed to be a steady social ride but inevitably with 124 riders, groups of different levels form and little races spring up. I started in the 1st group but got dropped to the 2nd, managed to lead it in but I don't think the others were pushing hard.

Did you enjoy it, that's the main thing? I saw your name pop up once or twice in the chat.

Top Bottom