RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyMacca

... I might depending if I can get my Mongolian beef in the oven in time.
Strong name, watch you don't tire your legs too much though.

BKIain

How does it work joining and is there a countdown
find the event and click on sign up. There is a countdown but I believe it is best to start pedalling before it gets to zero unlike bkool, the others will be able to confirm this.

shimceltic

Veteran
find the event and click on sign up. There is a countdown but I believe it is best to start pedalling before it gets to zero unlike bkool, the others will be able to confirm this.
Does the race start at the scheduled time so join before or it goes live at 6 and sets off shortly later?

AndyMacca

Yes it starts at the scheduled time so join before 6. Not sure how early you can appear on the start line though.
I think you can join most rides up to 30mins early, when there was over a hundred riders it paid to join early so that you didn't have to fight your way through the field and risk not getting in the front group. There's some feedback saying that the 5 seconds before the start your power numbers are captured and the average used to launch off the line, not sure about the detail but it defiintely pays to be up to speed before you're moving. It's really frantic at the start a'la Bkool :smile: and not being in a good group for drafting will hurt (although a strong 2nd group can sometimes close down a smaller group) if you get caught on your own and a few seconds maximum effort wont put you back in touch then it's better to coast back to a chase group or you'll just burn through your reserves.
I'll probably jump on about 17:50 for a warm up and chat on the line, should be a blast.:smile:

shimceltic

Veteran
I'll be there but doubt I'll be able to stay in the uncool group.

shimceltic

Veteran

Best of the rest

Top Bottom