RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
It kind of stands out on your Strava post, awesome, probably would've won the front group.

Power268W1,338W

Remember the BKOOL Pro trainers are known to be "slighty" off regarding watts. BKOOL Indoor Cycling simulator "corrects" this somewhat, except for the BKOOL Bike. Other sims (Zwift, RGT etc.) don't. :smile:

shimceltic

Veteran
Remember the BKOOL Pro trainers are known to be "slighty" off regarding watts. BKOOL Indoor Cycling simulator "corrects" this somewhat, except for the BKOOL Bike. Other sims (Zwift, RGT etc.) don't. :smile:
Yes it probably is high but sprinting has always been my strong point for the past 20 years playing football. Far more of a fast person than endurance...

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Yes it probably is high but sprinting has always been my strong point for the past 20 years playing football. Far more of a fast person than endurance...
Get a proper trainer or get a power meter to go with the BKOOL Pro. My current max on Zwift is still somewhere above 1200 watts from one of the few rides I did on the Pro in late 2017. I have never hit even 900w on the NEO/Assiomas nor on the Elite Direto. :smile:

shimceltic

Veteran
Get a proper trainer or get a power meter to go with the BKOOL Pro. My current max on Zwift is still somewhere above 1200 watts from one of the few rides I did on the Pro in late 2017. I have never hit even 900w on the NEO/Assiomas nor on the Elite Direto. :smile:
Maybe when I move house I'll treat myself. In the real world I can out sprint most people I ride with, just not for very long....

AndyMacca

Maybe when I move house I'll treat myself. In the real world I can out sprint most people I ride with, just not for very long....
Maybe get some Assioma Duo's for the super bike, I was doubting my 1200w efforts on Zwift/Bkool but then I bought some Garmin Vectors which kind of backup the claim here's a ride not very scientific but unlikely they're both so wrong. Also with the power meter pedals on your road bike you can use them as a power source for virtual till you upgrade the trainer anyway. At least I think you can do that, I'm sure some people do. TBH I did find a discrepancy between the pedals and the Wattbike up to 5% though on Bkool, think I'll try it again this weekend to see if it's still the same for RGT.
Due to the virus shutting most things down our annual health check at work got reduced and they offered us a DNA test as a substitute for the Vo2Max test which we normally do, it was really interesting, loads of indicators, some Canadian company actually processes them but it was fronted by BUPA, anyhow one of the results was whether you had genetic indicators which would favour Power or Endurance, it may be a load of BS but mine was 88% tendency to power and 12% for endurance. Lots of other interesting little things too tolerance to caffeine,carbs,fats pages of stuff, not sure how useful it all is but it appealed to my inner geek. Anyone else have one of those?

AndyMacca

I think your HRM or the Vectors are broken. Doing 1100 watts at sub 130 BPM seems wrong. :smile:
Maybe I'm just awesome! 😄
Yeah that first spike for sure, it's a wrist based HRM (Garmin Fenix) and doesn't always pick up on changes but we did a sprint on the 'Fen Lane' segment later in the ride and it does wake up eventually. You can even see my slow Tiagra gear changes, bet your Di2 wouldn't look like that.
1611347543267.png

shimceltic

Veteran
I agree Brusgaard my figures will be wrong as pro sprinters only do 1400w and not for a second thinking I could get close to them even for 5s. But the rest of the ride was fun and I'm not getting carried away.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Been working 12 hr days to catch up a bit - working till about 2 today but hoping to do something this evening - anyone want to give this knackered old man a good kickin!

CXRAndy

Guru
Maybe I'm just awesome! 😄
Yeah that first spike for sure, it's a wrist based HRM (Garmin Fenix) and doesn't always pick up on changes but we did a sprint on the 'Fen Lane' segment later in the ride and it does wake up eventually. You can even see my slow Tiagra gear changes, bet your Di2 wouldn't look like that.
View attachment 570186

That is heart rate lag, your 1200W effort, bumped your heart rate upto 170bpm. :biggrin:

Top Bottom