Rheumatoid Arthritis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lutonloony

Über Member
On sulfasalazine now 500mg four a day,week 6 now so hoping it kicks in soon.
Made my pee bright orange!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Just been diagnosed myself with widespread RA not looking forward to it.
Be good to hear some good news stories.

Don't despair! I've been on methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine for five years now. I don't have any side effects from the drugs. RA has no effect on my life at all. I'm still asked to have blood tests every ten weeks or so to check that the methotrexate isn't damaging my liver function ( it isn't yet ), and I'm still asked to go to an out-patients appointment every six months. I have only good news to report to the consultant.

Very best wishes.

lutonloony

Über Member
Don't despair! I've been on methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine for five years now. I don't have any side effects from the drugs. RA has no effect on my life at all. I'm still asked to have blood tests every ten weeks or so to check that the methotrexate isn't damaging my liver function ( it isn't yet ), and I'm still asked to go to an out-patients appointment every six months. I have only good news to report to the consultant.

Very best wishes.
The docs here make me do blood tests every 4 weeks, n the bright side it means I get a lie in before work:smile:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The docs here make me do blood tests every 4 weeks, n the bright side it means I get a lie in before work:smile:
I think that GPs like to have blood test results before re-issuing prescriptions for MTX. My GP gives me an eight week supply, so that's the blood test interval. BTW, I was mistaken when I mentioned ten weeks. Apologies.

lutonloony

Über Member
Mine won't do more than 4 week script. Think my results might get a call from docs as I had a naughty weekend on the beer, due to birthday

OP
OP
downesy

downesy

Veteran
Bloody ada i forgot all about this thread, i hope your all doing well and tbhe drugs are working.
I am on mtx 8 tablets on a sunday , sulfazine(sp) two a day, acroxia as a pain killer as and when needed.
As for myself my health ls great after the original6 months off work have been back for 3 plus years no issues.
Cycling is great no bothers at all commute most days20 mile round journey. Then weekend rides any thing between 10/100 miles.
So @blameloius stay positive listen to the doctors and hopefully you make a great recovery.. jezzo that was gobful.

Last edited:

blamelouis

Über Member
Bloody ada i forgot all about this thread, i hope your all doing well and tbhe drugs are working.
I am on mtx 8 tablets on a sunday , sulfazine(sp) two a day, acroxia as a pain killer as and when needed.
As for myself my health ls great after the original6 months off work have been back for 3 plus years no issues.
Cycling is great no bothers at all commute most days20 mile round journey. Then weekend rides any thing between 10/100 miles.
So @blameloius stay positive listen to the doctors and hopefully you make a great recovery.. jezzo that was gobful.

Good to hear

lutonloony

Über Member
Left ankle Flair up! Can barely walk, yet cycling ok ( spinning, not pushing gears). All was fine until I realised that twisting foot to get out from pedals, was almost passing out pain. Fortunately lights were mostly kind on way home. Will se if anti inflamms have worked in morning

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I got this lurgy which seems to be around just now. As I was away from home I stopped methotrexate as it interferes with immune system but dosed up on paracetamol to keep going temporarily. I had just been to the early arthritis clinic where the doctor agreed that I could stop hydroxychloroquine completely as an experiment. When I got home GP gave me prednisolone for 5 days then restart methotrexate when lurgy goes away. Generally after about 2 years condition seems to be improved but probably on methotrexate for life. Fortunately blood tests are reasonable so no side effects so far.

blamelouis

Über Member
Still on sulfasalazine 2500mg a day rheumy says its working but im constantly sore not really painful but i know its there.
Might try diet changes quite a few people have got great results from sugar free dairy free and gluten free.

Top Bottom