Rib problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Update. X rays came back showing no damage to lungs and no tumours. They did however show possible fractures to two ribs. Still off work although the pain has subsidised and is now more of a bad ache. Still on painkillers but am reducing from 8 to 6 this week to see if I need them.

On a tangent.......
It's my 50th tomorrow
Good news! :okay:
(Well, shame about the possible fractures, but some of the other possibilities were much worse!)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

It's good news that there are no tumours, and the ribs will heal, but are you still coughing?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Update. X rays came back showing no damage to lungs and no tumours. They did however show possible fractures to two ribs. Still off work although the pain has subsidised and is now more of a bad ache. Still on painkillers but am reducing from 8 to 6 this week to see if I need them.

On a tangent.......
It's my 50th tomorrow

Happy Birthday for tomorrow.
Saw my own GP as having odd chest pains and he diagnosed a broken rib. A bad cough did that. It's not uncommon apparently.
I hope you heal soon and have a wonderful holiday.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

On a tangent.......
It's my 50th tomorrow
What painkillers are you on, I know they're a bit strong but full on Codeine actually acts as a cough suppressant as well as pain relief.

gbb

Legendary Member

On a tangent.......
It's my 50th tomorrow
Firstly, happy birthday tomorrow :okay:
As I was reading your symptoms, I was thinking pleurisy. Agonising with every intake of breath, so much so you hardly dare breathe. Mine, thankfully was just a few short episodes for a few minutes at a time, but enough to scare the wife enough to call an ambulance. Mine followed a month or so of serious gut wrenching coughing but that was for another reason.
If it's cracked ribs though, hope you recover soon. :okay:

Top Bottom