Ribble bikes ...any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Anyone have a ribble?

I have been procratenating for days now on a new bike - was gonna get a Felt FC4 from JE james but was stopped dead in my tracks by this beauty........http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/details.asp?D=X&Cat=RIBBLE&Section=XRIB&GenCode=RIBBXRIB1000

Anyone own one, know any one that owns one, have any knowledge of how good ribbles are.......opinions on whether you think this bike is a work of art or an ugly duckling.

I love it, but i also know everyone has different tastes.

monnet

Guru
Ribble's are generally good and you'll struggle to beat them for value but be warned that they can take a while to deliver bikes. If they say 'about 4 weeks' pretend you heard 8 and you might be surprised. The problem is not having enough mechanics to build up the high number of orders and I think they're a bit disorganised too.

Nice bike though.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Ribble have improved their delivery times considerably in my experience. My winter frame came from them early last year and arrived next day, though I can't vouch for complete bike times. I have my eye on a Nero corsa too, their frames are top class without paying a hefty premium for a designer lable on the tubes.

we go in the shop quite a lot and the bikes look good, although the more local bike shop had a similar looking one with dolan on instead of ribble, as mentioned above.

Big Bren

I ride a Ribble bike, probably a couple of steps down from the one you're looking at. In my limited experience, it's been a great bike; it's very responsive and as far as I can tell, extremely well built. It also looks pretty slick - matte black with yellow detail. Thumbs up from me.

Bren

Abitrary

Saw a couple of blokes racing each other around the work park, where I work, and go to the park in.

A young girl shouted out.

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

Abitrary said:
Saw a couple of blokes racing each other around the work park, where I work, and go to the park in.

A young girl shouted out.

errrrrrrr.....would you mind running that one by me again?

stevenb

lol...he prolly meant that reply for another topic Jason. :biggrin:

I suppose by the time you decide the 2009 range will be out...:biggrin:
Only joking matey...:biggrin:

girofan

I'm thinking about one of their winter bikes with 'guards. The lanes around here when it rains are covered in farm crap and your bike and clothes come back smelling like a cow's a**e!
Instead of starting a new thread, has anybody bought one of these machines? I'd like to think I'm not wasting my money.

Jonathan M

girofan said:
I'm thinking about one of their winter bikes with 'guards. The lanes around here when it rains are covered in farm crap and your bike and clothes come back smelling like a cow's a**e!
Instead of starting a new thread, has anybody bought one of these machines? I'd like to think I'm not wasting my money.

Had one a couple of years now, good VFM, bit heavywith a rear rack & dynohub light etc, but then it isn't a race bike....

yenrod

I know someone from the chainy's which i've done for years..and as far as I know he's rode them year in year out...never seen him on anything else...[10yrs+]

Top Bottom