Ribble bikes - customer service queries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Dolan also worth looking at;
https://www.dolan-bikes.com/

IMG_8275.jpeg

Last edited:
Blegh they're all 1x and sram :sad: (don't come at me sram people!)

I was Shimano for decades. They both work just fine. Never have to tinker with either.

I emailed them and got a double group set put on cos I'm old school.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Why the worry about titanium - I have four TI bikes with a combined total of 45,000 miles on them with zero problems.

PLanet X now have the Holdsworth Helm instead of the Hurricane and this can be had with SRAM, Shimano or Campagnolo, although I'd be more worried about their future rather than Ribble's.

As for Ribble and their customer service - I ordred a Hybrid Al-e from them in early 2022 and finally took delivery in October with NO communication from them except for a coupe of 'sorry for the delay here's your latest (even later) delivery estimate' emails

Good morning,
Why the worry about titanium - I have four TI bikes with a combined total of 45,000 miles on them with zero problems.........
A bit under 5 years ago I bought a used, but as far as I can tell almost unused, carbon fibre framed bike.

It was a Sunday best and did very few miles until someone pinched my commute bike about a year ago and it became my commuter. I added around 10k miles over the next 12 months before the frame cracked.

Had it stayed as a best bike it would have lasted for years but as a commuter I can make a reasonable argument that the frame lasted for around 15k miles which would have been a year and a half. It may have been even less if the frame failure was the result of a specific impact rather than "fatigue".

Everything I have read about CF in other industries does reference something like fatigue, although the process is different from metal fatigue the idea that CF does "wear out" from usage is well accepted.

I have been contemplating a titanium frame so that I can keep my current commuter, steel framed and 2x8 D/T shifters as it is, a retro Sunday ride and enjoy the commute with the more modern equipment.

Yet the threads that I have read on failed titanium have frames that have done in the range of 10k-15k miles, so I was put off as it seems that I shouldn't be surprised if the lifespan could easily be in the 12-18 months range.

I appreciate than a 10k miles per year commute is high mileage but there are a least a few people here that do the same or more.

Bye

Ian...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I can only speak as I find: others may have had issues with Kinesis but my Tripster ATR v3 has been fantastic. The only issue I had (crown race missing from the fork) was quickly sorted FOC. If you don't mind a bit of a wait and are prepared to push the boat (direct sales only now, so international shipping, import duty & VAT) out Litespeed have some great deals on at the moment…

Lentilbake

Regular
Not sure about Ti but I'd beware of Ribble. Their bikes are great (I've got a gravel ebike which I love) but after sales service is problematic if you don't live near their base in Preston. You'll have to send the bike back to them, probably at your own expense if you have any problems. As an example, I've been trying to get them to update the firmware on my ebike (very simple process) which they will do for free but you have to pay £75 for carriage to get the bike to them, they don't have local recommended dealers or service network.

Not really sure where to put this, but here seems to be a good place. I'm looking for a new bike and had settled on a CGR in titanium. However - I went into the shop, had a nose about and there were loads of staff hanging about. The help I got in there was great, but I had a query so sent them an email and I've not heard anything back. So I followed up today and have yet to hear back. I went on their Instagram page to have a look and a lot of the comments below posts are 'where is my bike', 'you keep pushing my delivery date back' and other such things. So I'm now a little nervous about going down the ribble route and wondering if I look elsewhere.

Anyone had a Ribble bike recently and had decent customer service, or do I not touch them and go elsewhere?

Yes - but I was buying in November. Your buying close to peak times. Also be aware what a Lifetime warranty on a frame means. It means the warranty covers the expected lifespan of the frame....not your lifespan ! - so a 15 year old frame with a lifetime warranty is out of warranty.

If you are unhappy I'd seriously see what Dolan have to offer. I brought a carbon frame from them a couple of years back. I had loads of pre purchase questions - it didn't seem a problem for Dolan to answer them all.

The frame came within a week of ordering - and has been fantastic for me. They do have a Ti option as well.

Top Bottom