Ribble bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."
I see Ribble have now got some rather tasty Scandium tubed frames up on their website now...

As mentioned if you are going for a Ribble bike get one of the Deda manufactured ones, I got a Ribble one and the paint started to flake off at the rear dropouts after a week or two, I took it back and upgraded to the Deda EM2 alloy frame.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi Tollers

Let me know how you get on - still waiting on the insurance to come through so not fully decided on whether to go for the sportive or the Nero yet - so much deliberating! If you're willing to let me have a quick test ride on your brand spanking new machine then it would be great!

Hope it gets to you soon.

Any feedback on bike set up once it arrives -is it all put together or is there some set up needed - just trying to figure out whether it's wise to take tools to pick the bike up from the Royal Mail depot as I'll most likely be at work when it's delivered.

Sysagent

Regarding the carbon Sportive frame... Be careful with a Campag groupset as a batch came in a month or less ago with problems where the chain would rub on the chainstays in 50 x 12...

This wasn't detectable on the workbench only under load.

grimpeur

Veteran
Regarding the carbon Sportive frame... Be careful with a Campag groupset as a batch came in a month or less ago with problems where the chain would rub on the chainstays in 50 x 12...

Bought a Sportive a fortnight ago with Shimano groupset- bit worried now. Not had it in 50x12 yet- would you be able to explain this problem to me, i.e. why the chain is rubbing and why it's happening with Campag transmission?
Thanks

Sysagent

The problems is around the chainstay / rear mech area...

If you look at the frame where the rear mech hanger goes to the chainstay there is an area of "flatness" the problem is that this area of flatness (thinness) is not sufficent enough clearance for the chain and it rubs around that part, the ones without the problem are thinner / flatter for longer into the chainstay.

Still waiting TT,

The sad thing is i'm impatient and have already started ordering a few little upgrades before i've even got my grubby mitts on the bike. First thing new sadle and some Conti's. If i wait to long, ill end up building a whole bike in anticipation! :thumbsup:

Had a call from the guys in the shop last week telling me that the campag wheels were out of stock, but they offered me fulcrums instead. I really didnt have a problem with that, so am starting to deviate slightly of spec.

Am hoping it will arrive late next week, but prob more realistic to be the week after. Will of course let you know what set-up is needed. I'm expecting i wont need much to get it rideable (allen keys and pedal spanner and maybe a pump).

As an aside. I read some of your other posts. You've really had some bad luck. My heart bled for you, but equally importantly, put the frighteners up me. Especially as im not far from London Bridge too. I've resolved to be 300% extra cautious!

Tollers

mr-marty-martin

campag wheels still out of stock, they gave me that line in january when i was ordering mine!!!

well im racing on a orbea orca next season so am guna sell ma ribble when i get the new frame and forks back

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Ah Tollers - if you're going to commute on the ribble - I'd advise you take it into work and home and don't leave it locked up outside as it will go sharpish, no lock will stop a thief determined to nick your bike- Ribble might not be a big brand but the thieves will know a carbon bike when they see it. Don't take the risk and learn the hard way.

I've made up my mind to get the small framed Ribble Ribelle Dedacciai with Centaur - the geometry is very similar to my old bike except a couple of cm's from BB to seat tube- I hope it fits well - fingers crossed as it's be a pain in the arse to send it back and wait again!

Tollers keep me posted and for your sake I hope it arrives soon otherwise you'll have two bikes on your hands!

Don't worry. At home. I'll be keeping it in the spare loo (classy) and we have a secure car park in my building at work. I'm also going to keep my old hybrid for buzzing around town for errands, i think the Ribble is too much or a target and you've made me realise i shouldnt put too much faith in the NY3000.

Good luck with the Ribelle! I hope i wont end up thinking the grass is greener and wanting your bike instead :biggrin:

Marty, i can believe it, but thinking practically, to offer such low prices they can't keep much capital lying about in spare stock. The Fulcrum 7 wheels are still made by Campag i believe, and may even be an upgrade over the Khamsins (although too small to notice).

This is going to be my first road bike, so am very excited. I never anticipated that when i got the hybrid i could do more than my 3 mile commute each way to work, but somehow im ending up taking 20 mile "shortcuts" :biggrin: Ah well, lost 4 inches of my waist in last 4 months and now im seriously considering considering trying a few Tri's next year although I haven't swam in 3 years, so need a masterclass.

Is everyone in this forum die-hard endurance cyclists then? I guess i should really introduce myself in another section of the forum.

Tollers

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi Tollers

Yeah we're all hardcore, 150milers on here...no seriously - commuting and cafe are probably good places to pop up- the welcome mat in beginners is a good place to introduce yourself as well.

Glad you're enjoying the cycling -sounds like you have the bug!
If you don't want to do the tri in it's entirety you could pull together a team and do the bike leg or you could do a duathlon which cuts out the swimming. Otherwise there's specific cycle racing as well.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi Tollers

Finally had the insurance confirmed- have ordered the bike today - I hope yours arrives soon- counting down the days myself now!

e-rider

crappy member
I had a Ribble quite a few years ago - it was OK, nothing special though. The problem with Ribble is that their customer service is awful. I'm sure the bike will be great but if you ever have a problem with it then you will have to deal with Ribble customer services - not good to say the least! Enough to put me off ever buying a Ribble bike.

Top Bottom