Ribble bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Tollers - I hope to god that you get yours first as that would be pretty shoddy otherwise-I did go for the Ribelle in the end and hope it turns out well- How was the mate by the way? Tundragumski I've heard feedback about the customer services..let's hope it's perfect!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Tollers, as an aside- how long did it take them to confirm your order via email - not heard from them all day - need to confirm that I can go ahead with a 40cm handlebar instead of the 42 - I think they've taken the phone off the hook- you've not been ringing them every ten minutes now have you?;)

I've been trying to avoid ringing. Don't want to be too pushy and end up down the queue.

I received an email confirmation of order on same day, but that doesnt contain any details of the set-up requested. A few days later, i had an email from Alan at Ribble asking for confirmation of the set-up. Was glad he asked as the website had reverted to all the defaults. A few days later, had a phone call checking if the set-up i'd requested really was what i wanted. Ended up changing from 42 to 44cm handlebars, which is prob (hopefully) the right thing for my broadish shoulders

Would suggest you send an email confirming the set-up you requested (including your order number) to Alan Gray (AlanGray@ribblecycles.co.uk). Really can't hurt to be covered.

p.s Maté is great stuff. It's meant to help get oxygen into your system, and sure enough I did a PB on my 10 mile mini-tour home, but that was probably from having raised my saddle an inch. I'm amazed at the difference that made. Still a long way to go before i'm happy with my performance though! Did 40 miles over the weekend fairly comfortably, so i'm definitely improving. But want the Ribble before i try upping it to 60 or 80.

People at work are getting very worried about my mysterious packages that keep arriving in "Wiggle" boxes. I'm sure they think im buying something pervy!

Tollers

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
yeah I know they're outer to outer but would need a 40cm - have a 42 on the commuter and the stolen bike was a 40 which is just a fraction more comfortable even though my shoulder to shoulder measurement is just shy of 42. Thanks for the heads up about Alan I will email him. It was handy that there was a putting a deposit down option rather than the full whack in one go.

ShinSplint

tundragumski said:
I had a Ribble quite a few years ago - it was OK, nothing special though. The problem with Ribble is that their customer service is awful. I'm sure the bike will be great but if you ever have a problem with it then you will have to deal with Ribble customer services - not good to say the least! Enough to put me off ever buying a Ribble bike.

Could'nt agree more, which is a shame cos the bikes are such good value.

In future though, i'll be going to my local (ish) bike shop and getting good friendly service, so what if it means paying a bit extra. Good service is worth paying for.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Nice one Tollers - hope it arrives sharpish.

ShinSplint - agree with you in good customer service - hence why the bike will be making an appearance at the LBS at some stage anyway.

Top Bottom