Ribble in trouble?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh bugger - unless they've not paid someone and a winding up order has been served !

Big John

Guru
Cyclesport North LTD (otherwise known as Ribble) haven't filed accounts for their financial year 2021. I've no idea why. However, a gazette listing is done to make the company aware that they'll be struck off Companies House register if they don't do something about it. Looking at their accounts for 2020 they made a loss but not as big as the previous year. On paper they looked solvent but a lot may have happened since they last filed accounts. It is worrying.

classic33

Leg End Member

Jameshow

Veteran
Ribble are owned by true capital so the remaining company is a shell. Also the racing team us likely to be a separate entity too..

Good afternoon

I really wanted Ribble to succeed as I have fond memories of when they were interested in selling bike stuff.

But this ....

1673709041315.png

Explore the wheelset, does anyone there care anymore?

1673709231040.png

£1.1k for a 725/CF frame?

Oddly when I did explore the wheelset, there was nothing about wheels.:laugh:

Bye

Ian

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Good afternoon

I really wanted Ribble to succeed as I have fond memories of when they were interested in selling bike stuff.

But this ....

View attachment 674362

Explore the wheelset, does anyone there care anymore?

View attachment 674363
£1.1k for a 725/CF frame?

Oddly when I did explore the wheelset, there was nothing about wheels.:laugh:

Bye

Ian

Ribble's prices have always favoured buying a complete bike over buying the components individually, but over a grand for a steel frame seems to be pushing it, it could just be that they really really want you to buy complete bike, but it doesn't look good.

Good evening (almost)

I really struggled with £850 including a Campag Record headset for this as a frame and forks, one of the limited edition 753 Raleigh tribute/milk the market for all it will bare frames.

IMG_1832.JPG

and this was discounted from its initial massive limited edition price.

I get the point about the whole bike, but Spa and SJS are at around £500 mark for a 725 frame and often an unbranded 4130 frame will appear on Planet X for around the £299 mark.

Bye

Ian

p.s. I will cut the gear cables when I decide what mechs to use.:smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom