Ribble in trouble?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
I ordered a Ribble Ti in October and it was delievered November 3 weeks before estimate.

Love the bike, hope they can sort things out.

I bought a Giant in October 2021 and now I hear they have suspended payments to suppliers.

Love the bike, hope they can sort things out.

Other companies can relax, I have no plans to buy another bike at the moment.

Jameshow

Veteran
The link below probably only work if you've got Facebook - though one reply notes ordered Bike September 2021..

.Latest up date for the delivery May 2023....

View: https://m.facebook.com/RibbleCycles/photos/a.454910090816/10159114638465817/?type=3

Does it take mudguards?!

Yeah, Ribble have let a lot of customers down with ongoing broken promises for delivery of new bike orders. I had to wait From February 2022 to August 2022 for mine despite being promised early June then early July. The other thing that is annoying is that they appear to do all their communicating with customers by messaging your Ribble account and expect customers to respond by the same method. When you try to phone their customer Service number you often get a very curt recorded message stating "Ribble Customers Service lines are now closed" even when you phone well within their published 'lines open' customer service hours!

Having said all that, Their bikes are absolutely fantastic and I'm really pleased with mine.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Yeah, Ribble have let a lot of customers down with ongoing broken promises for delivery of new bike orders. I had to wait From February 2022 to August 2022 for mine despite being promised early June then early July. The other thing that is annoying is that they appear to do all their communicating with customers by messaging your Ribble account and expect customers to respond by the same method. When you try to phone their customer Service number you often get a very curt recorded message stating "Ribble Customers Service lines are now closed" even when you phone well within their published 'lines open' customer service hours!

Having said all that, Their bikes are absolutely fantastic and I'm really pleased with mine.

I placed my order in mid January 2022 and received the bike in early October 2022, but I fully agree with your last sentance.

What @Littgull didn't mention was that the only reason that his bike even appeared in August was because he eventually did get in touch with them and kicked up an almighty fuss with the management!

Ah yes, I forgot to say that. I managed to get hold of the Managing Director's email address. To be fair he did respond quite quickly. It was puzzling though as prior to that Ribbles reason for the delay in providing the bike was put down to overseas parts issues with Suppliers
But all of a sudden after giving their MD a lot of 'earache' a mystery bike the same as my order suddenly became available.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Other companies can relax, I have no plans to buy another bike at the moment.
In the early 90’s I was responsible for the demise of two bike manufacturers. In 1992 I bought an Orbit Gold Medal tourer. Not long afterwards the Dudley based Orbit went into liquidation. ( the Orbit name was bought by another company). Then a year later I bought a Nigel Dean , they closed down shortly afterwards.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Also who can forget the famous local Yorkshire detective series 'Trouble in Ribble'. Sorry its been in my head ever since I saw the thread title and could resist no longer.

Not to be confused with the classic Star Trek Yorkshire special episode...
The Trouble with T'Ribbles...
FA28E662-52D1-4C55-872A-132F23D171BE.jpeg

Nibor

Bewildered
Good afternoon

I really wanted Ribble to succeed as I have fond memories of when they were interested in selling bike stuff.

But this ....

View attachment 674362

Explore the wheelset, does anyone there care anymore?

View attachment 674363
£1.1k for a 725/CF frame?

Oddly when I did explore the wheelset, there was nothing about wheels.:laugh:

Bye

Ian

you can buy that built with tiagra for £899 at the moment

wonderloaf

Veteran
Just bought a couple of spare mech hangers for the CGR Ti, with all the question marks over the future of Ribble thought it's better to be safe than sorry!

Top Bottom