Ribble?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
oldgreyandslow
Apologies

I thought it would show what I selected.

I thought the Road Alloy 7005 veloce at £619.95 looked a good buy

MajorMantra

oldgreyandslow said:
Apologies

I thought it would show what I selected.

I thought the Road Alloy 7005 veloce at £619.95 looked a good buy

I'm sure it would be, most of the fixed spec Ribble builds are a good buy. If I were looking at that price range I'd be very tempted by the Winter/Audax bike with the same spec for £20 more with mudguards.

Matthew

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Ben M said:
is it only me that can't get the Ribble bike builder to work?

It is written in asp and run on an IIS server, so it is bound to be a bit flaky, evidently Ribble could get any real programmers to develop their site... :evil:

I am Spartacus

Über Member
HJ said:
It is written in asp and run on an IIS server, so it is bound to be a bit flaky, evidently Ribble could get any real programmers to develop their site... :evil:

who cares for IT gobblede geekgook as long as their bikes dont fall to pieces...
reputations are built on good bikes value and service

dont get me started on D Hinde :ohmy: :biggrin: :biggrin:

TVC

I ordered the Sportive with a Centaur Carbon groupo, we exchanged e-mails promptly over a couple of queries and the bike was despatched within three weeks. It turned up last weekend, I straightened the bars and put the saddle on then went out for a ride. The bike was perfect, no adjustments required, very well put together.

I would certainly recommend Ribble (previouse smaller orders have also turned up promptly). The only caviat I would add is that given its all done remotely, you do have to be confident that you know what you're asking for in terms of size/ratios and finishing kit.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
The Velvet Curtain said:
I ordered the Sportive with a Centaur Carbon groupo, we exchanged e-mails promptly over a couple of queries and the bike was despatched within three weeks. It turned up last weekend, I straightened the bars and put the saddle on then went out for a ride. The bike was perfect, no adjustments required, very well put together.

I would certainly recommend Ribble (previouse smaller orders have also turned up promptly). The only caviat I would add is that given its all done remotely, you do have to be confident that you know what you're asking for in terms of size/ratios and finishing kit.

I would buy.. but it do say it all really... NOT for the novice or those who havent bothered their arses about learning about what they ride.

OP
OP
oldgreyandslow
I am Spartacus said:
I would buy.. but it do say it all really... NOT for the novice or those who havent bothered their arses about learning about what they ride.

Well I bought my Donahue a good few years ago now and that was "mail order" sized and spec'd to suit by me, but in the days before t'internet was readily available, I managhed to sort that so perhaps I can do this as well :evil:

I am Spartacus

Über Member
oldgreyandslow said:
Well I bought my Donahue a good few years ago now and that was "mail order" sized and spec'd to suit by me, but in the days before t'internet was readily available, I managhed to sort that so perhaps I can do this as well :evil:
There you go then.. you took it upon your shoulders and got on with it!

Top Bottom