Ribble?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've doen a search on here and there seems to be a mixed view on ribble, bike quality seems good but delivery and customer service perhaps not so.

I'm thinking of getting one of theirs made up with a Deda EM2 frame, veloce compact and fulcrum wheels, works out at £860 which is a bit over budget.

Any other thoughts, recommendations appreciated.

yello

Thoughts re the spec; Ribble do put together attractively priced, decent kit bikes. You can't really complain.

Thoughts re Ribble; you've read the fors and againsts, it's decision time. I personally wouldn't risk it mail order and would go, if poss, into the shop in person. I have no idea if it'd make any difference in the long run but people say Ribble are much better face-to-face than over the web.

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."
Bought a Ribble by going to the shop and being measured for the frame, stem, crank etc about three weeks ago...

The staff are overall very friendly (Dave & Anthony) but expect a bit of trouble possibly with the delivery as when I had ordered mine the frame they were going to use to build the bike had a mark on it and they omitted to tell me that they had to start again and go and get another frame from the "mystical warehouse"

Not so bad if you aren't in a hurry but I wanted mine built for the Manc > Blackpool and they was aware of this fact (promised by email it would be built).

dtp

I started a thread maybe 10 days ago about Ribble and mine finally arrived yesterday morning.

I had a mixed experience with them but now everything has arrived I'm happy that I waited (the frame i ordered was out of stock until the beginning of july).

If you ever phone them they're either engaged or sound run off their feet which I think has something to do with the shop being closed. They are quite helpful but definitely sound like they could do with more staff.

The website is also Internet Explorer compliant only so if you surf using firefox, opera, safari or any of the other browsers available you'll have problems. It's also worth double checking your order with a person in the warehouse once you've ordered - I found them easiest to contact just after lunch time.

The bike itself is great, I went for an Ultegra Carbon Sportive Racing. The quality of the frame is lovely and the rest of the components are really high quality with a great finish too. Everything arrived well packaged in a massive box - I couldn't even fit it in my pickup! All you have to do in terms of set up is straighten up the handlebars and fit your seat post and seat. If the bloody rain would let up for a minute I'd be able to tell you what it rides like! It looks good in the dining room though!

There's pros and cons to be sure but mostly with the service from ribble not the bike- they're worth a serious look though particularly if you aren't desperate for the bike by the end of the week.

Have you looked at any other similar bikes? Planet X maybe?

The ribble shop has closed down, so you can't go there anymore!!!!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I may be in the minority here, but I've ordered various stuff from Ribble over the years, and never had a problem.
Thier winter / Audax frame is brilliant for the price - about £150 including seatpin, headset and a carbon fork.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Have never had a problem with Ribble's mail order and they are consistently cheaper than elsewhere.

Have never been convinced by their frames though - well built but not overly exciting.

Top Bottom