Richmond Park toilets 20p

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Toilet cleaners work for free do they?

£28000 would mean 75 people visiting per day

A toilet attendant is going to be on minimum wage of £ 6.40 and 10 hours per a day then there would be a requirement of another 320 people per day to finance the attendant

So if the toilet way used by 400 people per day there would be toilet cleaners and the claimed profit

screenman

Legendary Member

A toilet attendant is going to be on minimum wage of £ 6.40 and 10 hours per a day then there would be a requirement of another 320 people per day to finance the attendant

So if the toilet way used by 400 people per day there would be toilet cleaners and the claimed profit

I think you may find there is a lot of other overheads to add into your calculations.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

You're point's well made but the maths is a bit off. £28,000 would be 383 people per day. Income is £77 per day. Your costs estimate is £64 per day. But of course there's employer NI, "consumables" etc so the facility is probably about break-even. Like others, I'd rather pay 20p for a well maintained facility

The original post was £28000 profit over 5 years

Had this in Rotherham bus station for about 5 years apparently they made £28,000 profit via this

28,000 over 5 years is £5600 per year
£5600 per year is £15 per day
Which is 75 people per day

I did not include NI etc as it was only a rough figure as there would also be expendables, disposables, equipment etc

screenman

Legendary Member
The original post was £28000 profit over 5 years

28,000 over 5 years is £5600 per year
£5600 per year is £15 per day
Which is 75 people per day

I did not include NI etc as it was only a rough figure as there would also be expendables, disposables, equipment etc

Rent, rates, insurance, depreciation, management fees, maintenance, consumables and the list goes on. Some councils are not good at cost management.

I think you may find there is a lot of other overheads to add into your calculations.
Already covered..... see the earlier posts

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I was in Iceland recenly and the toilets at Pingvelir take debit cards!!

No frosted glass ?
The one a Dettifoss has smartened up since I was there. It used to be a hut on the edge of the falls. No need for a complicated sewer pipe
Dettifoss-toilet-facilities.jpg

But not a basic as

public-shower-toilet-is_32.jpg

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

i use the trains around glasgow and edinbugh a lot and most of the loos there are 30p there is one thats 20p and one thats 40p i would rather use the bushes like the homless do its free lol
I'm pretty sure in Glasgow's Queen street station, Edinburgh Waverly it costs 35p.
20p is a bargain when you have a bladder like mine and you feel the urge :eek:. I only wish there were more of them around, especially in bigger towns.
Here in town you can use the pubs without purchasing anything - which would defeat the purpose of using their toilet anyway :laugh:
Apparently there is an agreement with the council, they give the pubs a rates discount for this public service. It's cheaper than manning council run facilities, which have all been closed years ago.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
If you want to bleat about prices go to Switzerland. £1 to use the urinals with a .50p surcharge for flushing an otter. Prices are approximate it was four years ago when I was fleeced there.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
At Leeds station it's 40p to use the toilets on the main concourse.
Needless to say, the Wetherspoons further down the concourse has some of the busiest toilets I've ever seen...
Oddly, the toilets on the the platforms are free to use, which is worth bearing in mind if you've got a ticket.

Top Bottom