1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escape

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Noodley, 17 Aug 2007.

1. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Anyone else watch this last night?

He cooked a greek pasta thingy with tomatoey mincey sauce, bechamel(ish) sauce and penne. I cannot remember what it was called. Mrs Noodley has volunteered me for cooking tomorrow for guests (she has a habit of doing this so I am running out of new ideas) and I thought I'd give it a go if I could find out the name.

Anyone able to help?

2. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

*Waves magic wand*

BOOF!!!

3. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

This one?

4. OP
    OP
    Noodley

Noodley Guest

Excellent! Thanks very much. :ohmy::biggrin:

(edit - and thanks waffly as well, our posts crossed. I think I shall have happy guests tomorrow. And I shall have some fun going food and wine shopping tomorrow as well.)

5. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

What a team, Mr P, what a team :ohmy:

6. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

Methinks he should cook us a meal, it's the least he could do.

7. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Indeed!

8. OP
    OP
    Noodley

Noodley Guest

Open house at chez Noodley tomorrow night if you want. :ohmy:

9. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Alsa, I am on cooking duties tomorrow. Got some friends coming around, so I'm searching the cook books too..

10. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

(edit - and thanks waffly as well, our posts crossed. I think I shall have happy guests tomorrow. And I shall have some fun going food and wine shopping tomorrow as well.)[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the Greek oregano - it's a very different beast to the Italian version. I have some in my greenhouse and you're more than welcome to pop round if your local Waitrose has run out.

11. OP
    OP
    Noodley

Noodley Guest

Can I suggest a greek recipe by Mr Stein? :ohmy:;)

12. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Thought you was gonna say running out of guests ! :ohmy: :ohmy:

13. OP
    OP
    Noodley

Noodley Guest

cheeky bugger :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

14. OP
    OP
    Noodley

Noodley Guest

(edit - and thanks waffly as well, our posts crossed. I think I shall have happy guests tomorrow. And I shall have some fun going food and wine shopping tomorrow as well.)[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the Greek oregano - it's a very different beast to the Italian version. I have some in my greenhouse and you're more than welcome to pop round if your local Waitrose has run out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Patrick. I have got the Greek oregano sorted. After further reading of Mr Stien's recipes on the linked webpage I can see this turning into a bit of an eating fest. :ohmy::tongue:

15. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

It's early evening out here right now and I was thinking what I could have for dinner. After reading these posts my mouth is drooling but I've no chance of getting something similar to the recipes mentioned:angry:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!