ride around hebden bridge this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Just found the weld on my driveside dropout has failed :sad:

Better finding out now rather than halfway round out in the wilds I spose

Looks like I'm out

Anyone got a brazing torch???

Send us a picture and I'll let you know if I can fix it for ya.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
gutted!!

just fettled the bike to find that the crankset is cracked length ways on the non drive side (probably why you have a bit in your pocket colin) & the drive side bb has gone. all warranty work, but gutted i won't be able to ride her again until mid week ish.

the bloody brompton beckons.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Shaun - bad luck on the crank/BB problem! Good job you didn't discover it by snapping it off when sprinting up a hill in the middle of nowhere ...

I really don't fancy the weather tomorrow so as The Dragons would put it - I'm out! ;)

According to the Met Office and BBC forecasts, it be will be very wet and windy all day west of Halifax - i.e. the entire planned route!

Potsy is right, the rerun to Waddington is planned for the weekend after next because next SATURDAY (not Sunday) it is the mini-North-West Passage audax from Rochdale. If you remember Shaun, we talked about the fact that you could get your century in by riding to Rochdale, doing the event, then riding home afterwards?

I'm still hoping to do the m-NWP, but will leave it until the last minute to decide, depending on the forecast. I'll catch the train to Rochdale if I'm doing it.

Svendo

Guru
I hate to be a lightweight, but the persistent heavy rain forecast for tomorrow has put me off I'm afraid. I'm still up for the mNWP the week after, but afraid I'll miss the waddington rerun as I'll be at my sister's. Did get a decent run in today, but I'm no where near Brompton's fitness as 50ish miles at 16mph has left me a bit sore.

Svendo

Guru
I know I'm not Colin, but the NWP info is here: http://www.westpennineroadclub.org.uk/audax.html

The 200km version is a long A-Road slog, Colin has a hillier, longer version avoiding the worst of the traffic.
I think most on here are going for the Mini version (still 75 miles). I noticed on bikely.com that Colin also has a hillier version of that too, avoiding some of the roads around whalley he doesn't like.

Fiona N

Veteran
Who's in for the Mini-NWP? I am unless it's icy or really foul weather.

I got in a nice (as in it didn't rain on me and the sun was out for some of the time) run today around Lancaster-Caton-Ingleton-Kirby Lonsdale and back to Kendal on the hilly back road through Old Town. 90km in total which is about the longest I'm going to get before next weekend so 125km is going to be a bit of a shock to the system :wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I know I'm not Colin, but the NWP info is here: http://www.westpenni...g.uk/audax.html

The 200km version is a long A-Road slog, Colin has a hillier, longer version avoiding the worst of the traffic.

Colin's got a longer, hillier route? Now there's a surprise.....;)
I was a lot fitter that year so a 132 mile ride in mid-February didn't worry me as much as it would this year! ;)

I noticed on bikely.com that Colin also has a hillier version of that too, avoiding some of the roads around whalley he doesn't like.
I just took the view that there was a nice hill to ride over from Whalley or some busy A-roads so why not take the hill?

Who's in for the Mini-NWP? I am unless it's icy or really foul weather.
I'll do it if the weather isn't too bad providing that EOL is acceptable, which I think it usually is. Put it this way - if I decide to do it and the organiser doesn't want to take my money, I'll do it anyway and skip the pie and peas at the finish!

Fiona N

Veteran
... I'll do it anyway and skip the pie and peas at the finish!

Hey Colin, you're most welcome to my pie and peas. I've never been a mushy pea fan and nowadays my tolerance for pies has also diminished so I'd rather have a piece of cake and a cup of tea.
:tongue:

potsy

Rambler
Hey Colin, you're most welcome to my pie and peas. I've never been a mushy pea fan and nowadays my tolerance for pies has also diminished so I'd rather have a piece of cake and a cup of tea.
:tongue:

Double pie and peas for Colinj- Result
thumbsup.png

Top Bottom