England : Kent Ride for Food - Rye - 9th Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbs

Guru
I might be one of the Westerham entrants. I must try and remember who borrowed one of my Hope lights

lilolee

Veteran
Sorry can't make this as I am going out that evening.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I've no plans to ride anywhere for the next six months but am very likely to be in Rye that day as the in-laws live there and the fireworks are on that night. It's worth sticking around for if you like watching people throwing fireballs around tiny streets.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've no plans to ride anywhere for the next six months but am very likely to be in Rye that day as the in-laws live there and the fireworks are on that night. It's worth sticking around for if you like watching people throwing fireballs around tiny streets.
Oh b******s I'd forgotten about fireworks night! That just means nutters firing rockets at us once it's gone dark.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I won't be joining you on this, sorry. I've been unable to get out much lately so I'm not that fit, so I'd suffer horribly when you went up whichever "up" it is that you're going up after Westerham (the only way is up from there!). Add to that the fact that I really don't like riding along that main road up through Biggin Hill (I prefer twisty routes through Downe and Knockholt etc) means I think it best that I drop out now. Not that I was ever really more than tentatively in, but anyway ...

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I wouldn't worry about that too much. I've not been on a bike (apart from commuting) since beginning of August.

... and I actually went a bit better than I expected on the ride to Whitstable on Fri. However I think something else has appeared in my diary now. So have fun - and take care on that big hill down towards Westerham.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ok bump up as it's only two weeks away. A fairly exclusive list of Ianrauk, RB58, BigGee and myself plus possibles from Frank9755 and robjh.

Top Bottom