England : Kent Ride for Food - Rye - 9th Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Of interest, but depends on weather and wife.
Take extra care on Westerham Hill coming off the Downs, where Pilgrims Way crosses that road near the bottom of the hill.
I go miles to avoid Westerham Hill, which is often too busy to enjoy the view. Hogtrough usually gets my custom.

Last edited:
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Of interest, but depends on weather and wife.

I go miles to avoid Westerham Hill, which is often too busy to enjoy the view. Hogtrough usually gets my custom.
Westerham isn't too bad. Keep to the centre till you're past the potholes on the left of the first right hand curve and then stay on your brakes until you can see straight down to the cross roads at Pilgrims Way.

Going up on the other hand is a whole different ball game!

BigGee

We are getting thin on the ground!

What time we planning on setting off? 08.30 would be better for me as I'll be cycling down from Woodford Green, which will be a good hour plus for me but happy to go with the flow either way.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
8 would probably be better although I think we'll be able to make pretty good time with such a small group so I can push it to 8.30 if no one else minds.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Advance warning: Weather is looking iffy to horrible for Saturday. Strangely Sunday is looking like a nice day but not sure how this affects people getting to Bromley South?

BigGee

Martin, I think I am going to have to take myself out of the equation anyway, if that makes the Bromley South meet up any easier. My back has been playing me up over the weekend. I had hoped it would be settling down by now, but not yet unfortunately and this ride I think is to long and to hard to take a chance on it. So somewhat reluctantly I am going to bale and will concentrate on getting back in shape for the next ride to Maldon in Dec.

I hope you have a good ride, whichever day you decide to go and that the weather gods are smiling on you.

robjh

Legendary Member
Reluctantly I think I'm going to have to withdraw too. The weather just adds a third reason, on top of rail-replacement buses on my trip home on Sunday and the possibility of nowhere to stay in London on Friday and Saturday nights as my sis has suddenly had to go away. It's a shame as it sounds like a great route, and I would be well up for trying it again at a better time.

Sorry guys, and hope you have a great ride.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I think we're down to two now then so I'm calling this off (let that be a lesson to you @ianrauk to have a go at my Candy Crush habit). Hopefully there'll be more people in December for Maldon.

Top Bottom