Ride London Classics - womens' & mens' (Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good old BBC, get the OB people out, put commentators on the air and forget to tell anybody about it!:wacko:
There was a very helpful Beeb "advert" for the Sunday event which went along the lines of "A reminder to cyclists, we'll be showing this on Sunday; think about it as the marathon on wheels..."

Last edited:
OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
What is Porter on about?

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
This is going the way of the last two races - lots of attacks that don't stick, and it's all calmed down now. Wonder if they're hanging on for the sprint or whether we'll see a last attack or two off the hairpins?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
This u turn could be interesting...

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Don't know if the bbc had different pics but I was watching on Eurosport and the camera work was shocking - could hardly work out what was going on in the sprint for the line.

Good race though. Wild timed her sprint perfectly. I had Kessler down as a pick in the punditry then swapped her for Barnes. Doh!

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Don't know if the bbc had different pics but I was watching on Eurosport and the camera work was shocking - could hardly work out what was going on in the sprint for the line.

Good race though. Wild timed her sprint perfectly. I had Kessler down as a pick in the punditry then swapped her for Barnes. Doh!

Same pics, I think, as BBC are the host broadcaster. They were lousy the whole way through, and three different cameras for the sprint, all badly positioned and two zooming in on the wrong people, was inexcusable - hope they get it better tomorrow. They could learn a lot from the ASO.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Same pics, I think, as BBC are the host broadcaster. They were lousy the whole way through, and three different cameras for the sprint, all badly positioned and two zooming in on the wrong people, was inexcusable - hope they get it better tomorrow. They could learn a lot from the ASO.
Yup, lots to learn but I'm glad we're finally in the situation where we're talking about how to improve the technical side of things rather than wishing we had something, anything...

Top Bottom