Ride out from North Leeds 22nd March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Next Sunday about 45 or 50 miles. (even Saturday at a pinch)

If anyone would like to sample the delights of the area North of Leeds and parts of Wharfedale let me know and I will sort out a route later tonight (can't do it now 'cos I am out to dinner:smile:).

Depending on who might want to come it can be either moderately hilly or bonkers hilly:biggrin:.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Wouldn't that be the 22nd March colly? :biggrin:

PS Yes, I'm interested.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
22nd March is What I should have said!!!

Forget all that rubbish about the 15th.

22nd march, NEXT weekend if anyone wants a ride out from North Leeds.

Not to early a start because Colinj can't make it anytime before about 11.
So 45 or 50 miles and getting back about 3 30 or 4 allowing for a a stop some place.

ColinJ

Don't forget to add it to the super new rides calendar!

I've just checked the train times. My train should arrive at Leeds station at 10:46, and then I have to get to the start which might take me another 30 minutes or so depending on where it is so my ETA could be about 11:15 if the train was on time.

Hopefully Calum will pop down from the university and guide me to the start because I don't know the roads in Leeds at all.

Bokonon

Über Member
I'm in Sheffield next weekend, partly for marinyork's ride in the peaks, so I won't be able to make it.

longers

Legendary Member
I'd be up for coming over if I wasn't also doing MarinYorks ride on Sat.

Not much help that is it?

Have fun anyway!

ColinJ

colly said:
No one else yet :eek: but hey there is still a couple of days to go. :smile:

If you do come over I can meet you at the station and we can ride out from there. I plotted a route here :

www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=5050

Can extend or reduce it depending on how your train times are.

Calum was interested but for some reason he hasn't posted here yet - I'll PM him!

That looks a good route. I've looked at those roads on MemoryMap before now but I haven't ridden many of them since it isn't easy for me to get over there.

Yes, it would be good if you could meet me at the station because I don't know how to get out of Leeds. I'd probably end up on some horrible dual carriageway heading in the wrong direction. Surely there must be some quiet roads out of the centre? Most of the ones that I've seen are busy, busy, busy!

I think that route will be plenty long enough, given the extra miles in and out of Leeds city centre. I should be okay for trains coming back - there are two per hour on Sundays.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
longers said:
I'd be up for coming over if I wasn't also doing MarinYorks ride on Sat.

Not much help that is it?

Have fun anyway!

Well it's was only a last minute idea anyway. Not to worry there's plenty of other weekends.:smile:

And besides I would be going even if it was just me.:biggrin:

Top Bottom