Ride out from North Leeds 22nd March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
ColinJ said:
Calum was interested but for some reason he hasn't posted here yet - I'll PM him!

That looks a good route. I've looked at those roads on MemoryMap before now but I haven't ridden many of them since it isn't easy for me to get over there.

Yes, it would be good if you could meet me at the station because I don't know how to get out of Leeds. I'd probably end up on some horrible dual carriageway heading in the wrong direction. Surely there must be some quiet roads out of the centre? Most of the ones that I've seen are busy, busy, busy!

I think that route will be plenty long enough, given the extra miles in and out of Leeds city centre. I should be okay for trains coming back - there are two per hour on Sundays.

Sunday am should be ok traffic wise but knowing the way helps. In and out of Leeds would add about 12 miles or so to the route.

Most likely make a stop in Otley for some grub. There is a cafe' just next to the river that seems to be used by cyclists a good bit.
I've never actually stopped there myself but if it's busy it's usually ok.
Come to think of it I have to see someone near Otley tomorrow so maybe I'll drop in and see.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
marinyork said:
Lindley Wood Reservoir! That was the place I was on about the other week.

It's a nice area. I took these early one frosty Sunday morning last year.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2h5p5qc.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2vl2qmt.jpg

Calum

Hello, i'm here!!!

This sounds great, i'll be there. I live 2 minutes from the station, so in theory, I could go meet Colin there and the two of us could meet you somewhere else, further out of town. My knowledge of Leeds is pretty reasonable these days. Or we could all just meet at the station, which may well be easier!

Calum

Just realised that there may just be 3 of us, unless we can get a few of the York folk to come along (there seems to be billions of them up there).

Calum

I "get my ass over here" and the thread dies! ;)
What time are we meeting up on Sunday morning? Nice route by the way Colly.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Calum said:
I "get my ass over here" and the thread dies! ;)
What time are we meeting up on Sunday morning? Nice route by the way Colly.
Well, whoever is meeting me at Leeds needs to be there at about 10:55 since my train is supposed to arrive at 10:46 and it will take me a few minutes to get across from whichever platform it is and out to the front of the station. I have your number so I can ring you if the train is running late.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
I can be in Leeds to meet you Colin.
Calum lives only 10 mins from the station by bike so we may as well all three meet up there.

I'll pm you my mobile number in case you have problems.

ColinJ

colly said:
I can be in Leeds to meet you Colin.
Calum lives only 10 mins from the station by bike so we may as well all three meet up there.

I'll pm you my mobile number in case you have problems.
Number received and programmed in! I'll see you and Calum on Sunday morning then.

***** PLUS ANYBODY ELSE WHO DECIDES TO JOIN US (HINT)! :smile: *****

ColinJ

I've added it to the CC rides calendar for you colly.

Calum

Ok great!

I'll see you both there on sunday morning then. Hopefully we're reasonably lucky with the weather.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Mrs Uncle Phil and I were considering marinyork's ride, but I have been reminded I have a gig in York on Saturday evening, so that would be tricky.

However, if you're not starting at the crack of dawn on Sunday, we might well enjoy a pootle with you folks.

We will probably drive over, and won't particularly want to start in the centre of Leeds. If we join you (and it's still an if at this stage), where would be an easy place to find, leave the van and meet up with the rest of you?

I can't see your bikehike map on this steam-driven computer, Colly - can you give me a grid reference, a postcode or a road/junction, pub, somthing like that as a starting point?

Calum

Uncle Phil said:
Mrs Uncle Phil and I were considering marinyork's ride, but I have been reminded I have a gig in York on Saturday evening, so that would be tricky.

However, if you're not starting at the crack of dawn on Sunday, we might well enjoy a pootle with you folks.

We will probably drive over, and won't particularly want to start in the centre of Leeds. If we join you (and it's still an if at this stage), where would be an easy place to find, leave the van and meet up with the rest of you?

I can't see your bikehike map on this steam-driven computer, Colly - can you give me a grid reference, a postcode or a road/junction, pub, somthing like that as a starting point?

We'll be leaving Leeds Station at 11ish, so could always get the train down from York with your bikes.
What's the problem with starting from the centre of Leeds?! Battling through heavy traffic in central Leeds, is fun! I do it every day! I mean, there's the small matter of your life expectancy being lowered significantly, but what's the problem with that?!!;)

Top Bottom