England : London Ride to Brighton 3rd July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Hmmm....I may be interested in this, it depends on some work related stuff as to whether I can get there or not. Never done a ride to Brighton.

15mph sounds achievable for me, just about.

I've been reading the comments on the thread with interest. I hope @Pale Rider you don't mind me saying but on our ride we did to Rhyl last year we only managed about 11.5mph together. Maybe you have more batteries which would allow a higher speed but please bear in mind that's what we managed on a very flat ride with a tailwind. I would hate for you to get left behind out of the gate. If you are going to do it and I can make it I hope to see you again

Fair points, @nickyboy, but a couple of things will be different for this ride than for ours.

I have a got a bit bike fitter so can put in more effort, and I shall be using by Rose ebike which has 700c wheels which roll along a few mph faster than 20" wheels on the other bike.

I'm just back from the 105-odd mile York - Humber Bridge forum ride.

There was quite a bit of 15mph+ action on that, and I'm sure those who took part will confirm I didn't slow them down.

Mind, our leader @busdennis (cock on job, thanks mate), did the ride on a single speed, and he was still holding back for the group.

Going back to this ride, I fancy getting the train back, not least because my ideal lunch stop in Brighton will be probably be of longer duration than the rest of them.

Getting the train will also allow me to have a brief tootle around Brighton.

Hope you can make it.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ok.
Myself and @martint235 will be meeting on Bromley, then making our way to Purley where we will meet @rb58 , @mark st1 and @Pale Rider , @crazyjoe101 , will you be joining us at Purley?

@StuAff and @Racing roadkill
You two still ok for Sunday in Brighton?

Anyone else? @Tim Hall , @User @topcat1 ?

crazyjoe101

What time are you guys meeting in Bromley? I will virtually go through on my way to Purly - that is assuming you don't mind me tagging along to the start.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm keeping a close eye on the weather. If it really lets go, I'll never make the average speed I'll need. So far it still looks okay.
Same here. Wind speed forecast seems to have dropped a bit, which is good. Certainly can't rely on Southern to have a train home....

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Not for me

jayonabike