England : London Ride to Brighton 3rd July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Cracking ride gents good to meet some old and new friends thoroughly enjoyed all your company. Must invest in some sun cream just cooking a steak on the back of my neck currently :sun:.
image_zpssdz2obep.jpe

image_zpsp22lqsby.jpe

image_zpsnhwhlitt.jpe

https://www.strava.com/activities/629066981/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-GB

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A vagrant

image.jpeg

Some Vagrants.

image.jpeg

Some blue sky.

135 miles done, a very nice day out.

:thumbsup:.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cheers all for coming to Brighton today. It really was a jolly jape. Most enjoyable. Even the five minutes of rain didn't put a dampener on things. Though the clouds did threaten more. A nice trouble free ride down to Brighton included a few Ditchling beacon first timers. Thanks to @StuAff and @Racing roadkill for taking teh time to meet us in Brighton. I hope your ride was as good as ours.

The return was a gloriously warm, quick ride home due to the lovely tailwind and the young, fast legs of Joe.

The gang cresting Ditchling Beacon.

20160703_112232s.jpg

20160703_112114s.jpg

20160703_112026s.jpg

20160703_112019s.jpg

Atop Ditchling Beacon

20160703_112007s.jpg

20160703_112058s.jpg

Fish and Chips on Brighton beach.
20160703_130205s.jpg

And the stats

030716.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
Nice bike
A very nice bike

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Enjoyable - and interesting - ride.

I hit my only target which was to keep the pace, so having done that everything else was always going to fall into place nicely.

I even managed a mile or two at the front when we were particularly exposed to the moderate headwind - I'm a bit less affected by that on the ebike.

The return at that pace would have been a bit much, so I quit at Brighton, while if not ahead, at least I wasn't behind.

Thanks to everyone for their company, and a genuine 'well done' from me for your efforts today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom