RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2014!!!) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sleaver

Veteran
I'm in the ballot.

As it could remain open until January, even if it fills earlier I'm assuming that the draw won't be until next year. Therefore would it be worth sorting out a charity place as well now?

I'm also guessing booking a hotel would be worth it as well.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm in the ballot.

As it could remain open until January, even if it fills earlier I'm assuming that the draw won't be until next year. Therefore would it be worth sorting out a charity place as well now?

I'm also guessing booking a hotel would be worth it as well.

Defo book your hotel, do it now. Most hotels you can cancel up to 24 hours before the day. Leave the charity option to until Feb, which is when you will know if your in or out of the ballot.

zizou

Veteran
Just entered and put down five charities in case i'm not successful also donated my entrance fee(i could do with a rain jacket).

I've done quite a few 50-60 mile rides but not 100 but in life you have to challenge yourself and at just turned sixty it's certainly that.

BTW why did they want to know about cycling category and certain events/sportives you have ridden?

I thought last year the more parts you could fill in (like previous events, racing category, cycling club, BC membership number etc) would be advantageous in weighing the draw to your favour but that is not the case it is just used to validate your estimated time if starting in an early wave.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Do you pay the entry fee now? I told my brothers I would register for them as I had a free morning

No. only if you have been accepted for the ballot.

£98 for the excel premier inn, they're having a laugh! Travelodge can't be booked this far in advance.

Do you think they know there's something going on? I managed to get the excel travelodge for £36 for this years event.

Top Bottom