RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2014!!!) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
According to the Ride London twitter account, over 23,000 people registered already :becool:
Probably be closed before January then :thumbsup:

Kies

I will drive across London from Uxbridge, hopefully with my riding buddy. Park 10 miles out and ride the rest for a nice warm up

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Anybody fallen on hard times or on a shoestring budget is welcome to overnight at my flat - it's about 6 miles from the start. Very basic but there's a roof overhead. I've put my name down but as I've never won a ballot or lottery in my life, I doubt I'll get in so I'll probably do a day's volunteering.

Grayduff

Über Member
I have registered..but if get in will take a chance and get a lift as near as i can the morning of the event ...i hope ^_^:wacko:

MikeW-71

Veteran
I spotted one question was if you had ridden this years event. Do you think they may want to get a lot of first time riders in?

Kies

If the event is over subscribed, they may look at the number of riders who did it this year, in favour of people who didn't get the chance and want to do it 2014.
Just a hunch - I have no insider info

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Good luck everyone who has entered, I've just got my ballot entry in, and have booked in the London Stratford Premier Inn for 2 nights, the saturday and sunday. I know the hotel is pricey, but being there last year it was beyond perfect as a location, they even put breakfast on at 4am for the ride day. 2 minutes from the loading areas, which is perfect especially if your given an early start time.

As for the questions ^^ regarding the questions they ask in the ballot entry, the only reason they ask all this (number of times exercise / completed last years event in what time etc etc) is to better filter what time group you should start in, IF you get thru the ballot. It has no bearing on the ballot itself as far as I'm aware.

It was at the 26,000 applicants stage at 11am so is looking to get the max before January, although the ballot will still be early February no doubt.

Woo22

The Premier Inn is the perfect location and it's very handy that they start breakfast at 4am. It was lovely just wandering around the shopping centre the day before and doing some serious carb loading!

£100 a room sounds a bit steep but you can't beat the location and technically you can fit in 3 people to a room if you're not too bothered about personal space!

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
I've entered this morning.
Looking at posts on here, the cycling is the easy bit , its getting there/hotels etc that will be the problem.

Not much extra in the way of trains or anything else. I would say the really difficult bit is post race, they did put on a few boats that took you a few miles east or west but thats about it.

I TNT'd my bike last time and it worked out well for me, although it was expensive.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
The Premier Inn is the perfect location and it's very handy that they start breakfast at 4am. It was lovely just wandering around the shopping centre the day before and doing some serious carb loading!

£100 a room sounds a bit steep but you can't beat the location and technically you can fit in 3 people to a room if you're not too bothered about personal space!

Agreed. Its also perfect for the registration, if its at ExCel again.

Don't mention shopping to the OH mind, your day will be gone!

Also, car parking is £5 per 24 hour period. Was £10 for the two nights when I stayed. Not bad considering.

Top Bottom