RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2014!!!) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fabregas485

Memories of Leith Hill!

Nice lady on left at 6mins 58secs, that's where I got up to before I touched the wheel of a fella in front who just stopped. Nearly came off the bike, so pulled up next to the lady and ate a banana. She even took the skin away from me to chuck in bin. If shes there next year, give her a wave!

That hill looks evil :ohmy:

NicciT

Memories of Leith Hill!

Nice lady on left at 6mins 58secs, that's where I got up to before I touched the wheel of a fella in front who just stopped. Nearly came off the bike, so pulled up next to the lady and ate a banana. She even took the skin away from me to chuck in bin. If shes there next year, give her a wave!

Brilliant video! Had many a sleepless night re Leith Hill and getting to the top, still clipped in was one of my proudest moments!

sleaver

Veteran
Did I hear somewhere that RideLondon is organised by the same people as the London Marathon? If so, there was a website going around a running forum sort of describing how the so called ballot works.

The organisers want a steady flow of people through the finish rather than a large bunch at one time. So based on the theory that you will have some quick people, some slow people and a whole bunch of people in the middle, you can have a rough guess that you will have more chance in the ballot of your quick or slow. Then add in the fact that you have to have a mix of gender and age groups, so if your Joe Average, you've got less of a chance than if you put a slow time because your doing it for a bet.

It may be different for this and if it is the same organisers, hopefully that may give some insight into "ballot" systems.

If I ever find the link, I'll post it.

Tcr4x4

Veteran
For some unkown reason I just entered :eek:

This is how I got my butt into gear when I was running, signed up for a 10k run when I could barely do 3k.. Something like this focuses the mind.. and your training.

Doubt Ill get a place, but the nagging thought in the back of my mind is enough to get me out at least 4 days a week.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'm in the ballot. Gone for a 4:40 - 4:49 time, as I have already managed a 4:44 time this year. My charity has already had more enquiries than their allocated places.​

I sort of went the other way. I did 4:49 this year and put 4:20 - 4:29 as my estimate as I hope to improve. Us over 50's have to stick together.

wilkie

I didn't get a place last year hopefully I'll be successful this time. Although what has my occupation got to do with it??

fabregas485

It looks like I will need a hotel if I get a place. I live an in north west London, and its an hour by overground. I just doubt they will be running that early.

Top Bottom