RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2014!!!) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Rattus subaquaticus.

Leescfc79

Über Member
The only thing that annoyed me on the ride was the people who I think actually believed they were in a race, it's nice to try and beat a target or better a previous time etc but not at the expense of others.

After standing in Richmond Park for nearly an hour in pouring rain we finally got moving again and went under a bridge with about 2 foot of water under it, on the other side there was a bloke who had punctured asking people for help, about 100 people went past without even looking at him, I stopped and walked back with my friend and his pump had failed, I couldn't believe how many people were more interested in getting a good time than stopping for 5 minutes to help someone who was standing in the rain asking for a bit of help...rant over and I REALLY enjoyed the day!

P.S - wanted to go out for ride today but my shoes are still wet!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Anybody managed to log on and get their official timings yet? The website seems to have conked out; probably under the strain.

Bike_Me

I got my official time using the app they created for the event. Check out Ride100 from the app store. Unfortunately its only available on iphones..

rvw

Guru
I must do something about my stoker's upright posture...

My darling, I do love the view of your backside - but after 7 hours I do quite like to look at other things as well... And the only one where I'm very upright is when I'm waving an arm at the finish line!

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Which gel flask did you get?

I got these: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/high5-gel-flask/rp-prod89836
high5-gel-flask-3772-p.jpg

Dmcd33

5 hours 19 unofficial time. Pleased with that, I was hoping to be under 7 hours for the 100 and that suggests I would have been comfortably. Add to the agreement on cutting the hills. Initially there was a bit of a grump on my part (not Facebook worthy or anything) as the forecast didn't seem that terrible, but once the heavens properly opened it was obviously the right thing, trying to descend either of those with misting glasses, or squinting through rain while water ran down the middle of the road would have been too much for enough people to make it just too dangerous. The right call easily justified.

We were trying to be jolly about the rain at the drinks stop before Newlands and then it started to thunder so we decided to stop taunting it.

If anything needs grouching at it was coming back from the event by riverboat, a foxy shambles.

I really wish I could remember the number of the guy on the BMX because I want to know if he finished.
I past the BMX guy in kingston on the way out. He was giving it some just to stay up with the roadies!

Dmcd33

What is it about roadies and their ruddy gel wrappers?

Words fail me, but if I ever catch one littering, my fist might not.
There were loads on one hill in Surrey somewhere. I did feel a bit embarassed about the mess that was left, and I wasn't near the back! It was the point where they were handing out High5 gels on the side of the road.

Dmcd33

Got a cab the Greenwich as planned - Forgot my helmet! I had to go and buy one for £85 just to start the ride.

My phone got sooo wet it conked out and now doesn't work. Apart from that it was great riding on closed roads!

Top Bottom