RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2014!!!) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
there are 37 of me, all very similar, the boby number shouldnt make any difference, as they pick the number from your helmet and handlebars.
I guess you must have been hiding behind other riders as you passed the cameras.

Possibly, but if I see a photographer I usually give them a smile and a thumbs up.

sleaver

Veteran
How many photos of each you are available to download? There only seems to be 13 of me, possibly because my body number is hidden by my jacket.
40 for me. Well, 39 if you take away the one that isn't of me Plus the video seems to be up now.

The photos were done via the handlebar or helmet number. I'd be very surprised if anyone's body number was visible to photographers as that number was on your back. EDIT - @Beebo beat me to it.

sleaver

Veteran
Photos aside, I think the main thing is probably all the memories we have of the day, The rain, people we met and spoke to, things we saw, volunteers helping out, crowds cheering us on etc. All of which will probably be talked about for a while to come yet.

Of course, not forgetting those who didn't finish and especially not Kris Cook.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Does anybody know how they handle all those photos? Do they read the numbers or is there some kind of number-reading software similar to ANPR?

Zcapp96

I don't seem to be able to see any of the videos on the photo site, anyone else having that problem. They have only managed to take my picture 7 times and none on the finish line. Have looked through the more photos and nothing there. :sad:

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
4 photos of me :sad: and in all my new jacket seems to have been filled with air
RLAD4968.jpe

RLAP0341.jpe

im a big lad but not the michelin man

Ginger

Regular
£35 is a bit steep if you only have 8 photos- but not so bad if there are 40 like Sleaver!

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I dont want to go off topic, but to those who use the gel flasks, do you fill them all the way? How much gel would you use on a ride like this?

They only take 3 gels. On Sunday I used carbo drinks for the first 2 hrs then 2 gels an hr and high 5 zero drinks for the remaining time. My ride time was 6:20. I used 10 gels.

I took one for the sake of it when they were holding them out near the end. It was banana flavour and was disgusting.

4 flasks and a tube of zero tabs fit easily in my jersey pockets. The only need to stop was for water.

Peteaud

Veteran
They only take 3 gels. On Sunday I used carbo drinks for the first 2 hrs then 2 gels an hr and high 5 zero drinks for the remaining time. My ride time was 6:20. I used 10 gels.

I took one for the sake of it when they were holding them out near the end. It was banana flavour and was disgusting.

4 flasks and a tube of zero tabs fit easily in my jersey pockets. The only need to stop was for water.

Thanks for the info.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Can I put in an advert for (something pretty close to) real food? I got round on one mini-baguette with pate and chutney, one power bar (Clif peanut butter flavour - something I'd be delighted to eat for fun) and one banana. And 3 x 750ml bottles of water made isotonic with zero-cal nuun lemon and lime flavour tabs (it tastes better than lemon squash). Total time of 7 hours; riding time about 6:10 affected by queuing for an ambulance and for a loo (and in the dry it would have been 20-odd minutes less for the same distance). I'd had porridge for breakfast and a carb-heavy meal the night before.

During the event I probably ate less than I do during a day at work, and I didn't feel especially hungry afterwards.

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
Can I put in an advert for (something pretty close to) real food? I got round on one mini-baguette with pate and chutney, one power bar (Clif peanut butter flavour - something I'd be delighted to eat for fun) and one banana. And 3 x 750ml bottles of water made isotonic with zero-cal nuun lemon and lime flavour tabs (it tastes better than lemon squash). Total time of 7 hours; riding time about 6:10 affected by queuing for an ambulance and for a loo (and in the dry it would have been 20-odd minutes less for the same distance). I'd had porridge for breakfast and a carb-heavy meal the night before.

During the event I probably ate less than I do during a day at work, and I didn't feel especially hungry afterwards.

Fig rolls x6, bounce bars x 2, a Mars bar, water x lots for me. Gels are disgusting!

Fig rolls x6, bounce bars x 2, a Mars bar, water x lots for me. Gels are disgusting!

i picked up 3 fig rolls at the leatherhead stop. ate 2.

found the 3rd in the back pocket on the train home - it hadn't survived the last thunderstorm well!

had caffeine gels for the first time and they were ok. SIS gels seemed nicer than the powerbar ones i had years ago. ate mainly SIS bars too and a couple of powerbars. they're ok until you try and eat real food afterwards.

i just find the compact nature of bars easier - and they survive seatpack stuffing better than sandwiches.

Top Bottom