RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2015) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beermonster

Über Member
..... also last year, they changed the timing start point. In year 1 it was a mile or two into the ride. Last year, it was right at the start. I know because I was waiting to restart my Garmin at the timing point, but it never came. I checked with others who told me the change.
I believe it was moved to the start line as course was shortened to 86 miles. I did the same, waiting for the timing point which didn't appear so never knew at what mile I was until the run in which then had the miles to go boards.

C17rsf

i'm in, Anyone from round Staffordshire got in?

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
RL have released the basic map for the route, seems to be the same as last year (the first year went thru Cobham rather than cutting straight thru to Esher via Oxshott) -

10425880_974786749206227_2262096922889562793_n.png

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
A few miles of that look awfuly familiar to me.:ohmy:

https://www.strava.com/activities/190333400
:thumbsup:.

Wow thats......a long ride! Well done you!

You got the most miserable, uninteresting part of the route though :S

Wow thats......a long ride! Well done you!

You got the most miserable, uninteresting part of the route though :S
Yep, it's only mildly interesting when you pass the reservoirs, on the first bit, the drag through Walton and Molesey is a complete brain numbing nightmare. The new (ish) bridge at Walton is quite a piece of work though. It's going to be sorely tempting to get an ( easily sortable) technical as the route leaves Richmond park, and passes the Albert :whistle:.

Last edited:
Did you get lost in Kingston by any chance? :smile:
Badly lost. The funny thing was, I only needed to follow the dirty great sign with "Kingston bridge" written on it, that was the first time I did that route though, I've got it off to a fine art now. I go back down London road, then bypass the tricky bit now :laugh:. I also know all the back roads, cul de sac's and dead ends in Kingston intimately.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Yep, it's only mildly interesting when you pass the reservoirs, on the first bit, the drag through Walton and Molesey is a complete brain numbing nightmare. The new (ish) bridge at Walton is quite a piece of work though. It's going to be sorely tempting to get an ( easily sortable) technical as the route leaves Richmond park, and passes the Albert :whistle:.

Yeah did that part quite a lot while training for the first RL, and the whole reservoir--->Weybridge via Wolesley section is duller than beige.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm in London when the race is on does anyone have a spare number I can buy.
The ballot places are completely non transferable unfortunately (you can't even swap start time if you do have a place). If you want to ride, you might find a charity place, but you'll need to raise quite a chunk of cash (most are £500+ as well as an entrance fee). There are a few charities posting in the forum below this one https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/p...rrey-100-2nd-august-2015.171206/#post-3597578

There is the Freecycle on the Saturday plus the ladies' crit race. Also, nothing to stop you volunteering as a marshall or simply cheering on the riders (amateurs and pros later on) :smile:

Top Bottom