RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2017) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Which way does it go up Leith Hill?
Uphill, then down again, both on the outside ;)

More seriously, https://ridewithgps.com/routes/6929114

toffee

Guru
Seriously thinking about entering for next year. It would be through the ballot not charity entry.

Derek

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Having pulled out this year we have a guaranteed tandem place next year if we want it and get our act together. I have a sneaking suspicion, without having talked to @rvw, that we want it....

Maybe this time we'll actually think about how to train most effectively. Probably starting about now.

U

User482

I'll definitely enter again. If successful, I'll get the kids along for the family events on the Saturday.

U

User482

Not a chance. Did it the last two years and this time it was dangerous. Far too many idiots on bikes with no clue how to ride in a group. Nearly taken out 5 times.

They need to seriously cut the numbers before they have even more deaths.

What do rider numbers have to do with someone dying from a heart attack?

SWSteve

Guru
I'll enter for next year, but hope I get an early start, so the congestion at the hills isn't too much...from what people have said.

I've been unlucky at least 2 times, so maybe 3rd time a charm.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I think we should enter a Fridays team. We could have an "All Up" man and picnics in Richmond Park and atop Box Hill where we all take our helmets off and eat cake.

I think you would have to fib about your planned velocity in order to beat the time limit. Either that or make it the usual night ride and just start really early unofficially.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I think you would have to fib about your planned velocity in order to beat the time limit. Either that or make it the usual night ride and just start really early unofficially.
Thinks ... I wonder what time the roads get closed? Could a night ride the night before work?

Top Bottom