RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2017) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Depends where. Mostly around 5am I think
As far as I saw from signs I spotted while riding around spectating, that's true. Also, the central London section reopened between 1600 (FreeCycle) and I think 1900 (Classique circuit around Whitehall/Strand with consequential bits like Embankment where they were reinstalling street furniture from about 1700), so that's a rather narrow window unless you can vary the route slightly - actually, you'd have to because some sections in East London are normally prohibited for cyclists, such as Limehouse Link, and I'm not sure if the Mall reopened at all.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
OK. I had a momentary crazy idea of riding the route just before the roads got closed. I saw myself riding through the night ahead of a truck full of workers setting up barriers. A flight of fancy that I will lay to rest immediately

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I'll be in the hat.

I bought my place off someone in 2015, and got in on thr ballot this year. I was a bit quicker in 2015 than 2016 (5:26 to 5:37) but there were more delays this year due to accidents and sheer numbers at the time I set off (06:09 in 2015, 07:00 this year).

If I get in and get a start time around 6am I'll be chuffed.

vickster

Legendary Member
As far as I saw from riding around spectating, that's true. The central London section reopened between 1600 (FreeCycle) and I think 1900 (Classique circuit around Whitehall/Strand with consequential bits like Embankment where they were reinstalling street furniture from about 1700). I'm not sure if the Mall reopened at all.
I meant yesterday, not Saturday :smile:. I do have all of the details but hard copy only

Richmond park was actually closed all day but as @jefmcg mentiomed there were lots of peds all over the roads :smile:

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I think we should enter a Fridays team. We could have an "All Up" man and picnics in Richmond Park and atop Box Hill where we all take our helmets off and eat cake.
For maximum effect, 'fully laden' bikes (at least in appearance)- so panniers, bar bags, rack bags...full on touring/bikepacking/audaxing look.

swansonj

Guru
For maximum effect, 'fully laden' bikes (at least in appearance)- so panniers, bar bags, rack bags...full on touring/bikepacking/audaxing look.
Yes, but does that include mudguards? ;)

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Does the Fridays website still say "racks and panniers are the work of the devil" or has that gone with the new regime?

SWSteve

Guru
Do we know if your occupation on Thei rm makes a difference? I.e if they're over subscribed with people from financial services industry they may accept a nurse?

Top Bottom