RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2019) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Does that mean they're no longer hanging them or you don't know or just that you got lucky with a smooth bit of rail or something else?
There was no damage. I've hung my bike by the saddle elsewhere plenty of times and never had an issue. I'm not that precious
I have no idea about how or where they placed the bike. The poster asked about security

Holloway55

Has anyone cycled to the start from South of the river.?
Thinking of being dropped near the Rotherhite tunnel and cycling from there on the day.
The instructions say the tunnel is open to cyclists which makes me think it's a common route.

Have changed plan and booked a drive way nr Leytonstone. Plan is to drop off car, cycle to Stratford, do ride, meet partner at finish, take off bike wheels, hop on tube back to Leytonstone, drive home. Phew!
Anyone else 0804start?

cm2mackem

Über Member
Have changed plan and booked a drive way nr Leytonstone. Plan is to drop off car, cycle to Stratford, do ride, meet partner at finish, take off bike wheels, hop on tube back to Leytonstone, drive home. Phew!
Anyone else 0804start?

I'm driving in from Chelmsford booked as drive in forest gate as the A12 will b closed, maybe able to get down Leytonstone high Road, but I'm coming via Ilford then down the Romford rd

I'm driving in from Chelmsford booked as drive in forest gate as the A12 will b closed, maybe able to get down Leytonstone high Road, but I'm coming via Ilford then down the Romford rd

Planning to get there via A12/M25/M11 and avoid road closures. Will be hoping google maps gets me to the road i am parking in ok! Reckon it'll be about an hours drive from mine.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I pulled out this morning :sad: , will consider re-entering when the email comes through in October

The right decision if you're not 100%.
I withdrew a few weeks ago and although I was looking forward to the ride I'd rather be 100% and enjoy the ride than struggle with my bad knee.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Thinking of being dropped near the Rotherhite tunnel and cycling from there on the day.
The instructions say the tunnel is open to cyclists which makes me think it's a common route.
Am struggling to remember if it was the Blackwall or Rotherhithe tunnel, but I cycled through one of them in 2016. Smelled odd, despite a ban on cars.
Nearer to the park, I ended up mixing with traffic again - v slow at this point, so allow plenty of time!

lazybloke

Am struggling to remember if it was the Blackwall or Rotherhithe tunnel, but I cycled through one of them in 2016. Smelled odd, despite a ban on cars.
Nearer to the park, I ended up mixing with traffic again - v slow at this point, so allow plenty of time!

lazybloke

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Blackwall has had one bore closed for RL in the past but open to cycle. IIRC, the way to the start from it wasn't well signposted. It is not closed this year (nor was it last?).

This year, Rotherhithe tunnel is closed to motors 0400-0800. https://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/100-final-instructions/getting-start/

I think the easiest route from exiting the tunnel is to go basically straight forwards (including under the railway: Flamborough, Aston and Harford Streets) until you can turn right onto CS2, then follow that until turning left into the Olympic park.

Norry1

Legendary Member
If you are not on a really early Wave, you can follow the numerous other cyclists going to the start. Otherwise safest thing is to plot a route on your Garmin to the start.

If you are not on a really early Wave, you can follow the numerous other cyclists going to the start. Otherwise safest thing is to plot a route on your Garmin to the start.
Even at stupid o’ clock in the morning you can just wait at any random junction in London and some riders will appear as if by magic.

On Sunday I did this

DE4DCED4-ECDB-4D25-A846-446EEE53A48C.jpeg

( Waterloo station / South of the river to the start )

Before this.

221FD430-D847-49B5-A2D4-152CC0C0B2A0.jpeg

A reccy of the whole route, with some adjustments due to road closures and tunnel avoidance, and the route to the Velodrome worked very well. Getting to the start, took just over half an hour, on open roads.

Top Bottom