RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2019) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's taking it awfully seriously! It's no Gran Fondo so no finals qualification for going fast. Hope you find it helps you, nonetheless.
It was a useful exercise. There’s a couple of bits on the route that are not looking like they’ll be ready in time ( there will have to be diversions ) and the last little bit ( which has been changed this year ) has a couple of surprises as well.

Norry1

Legendary Member
It was a useful exercise. There’s a couple of bits on the route that are not looking like they’ll be ready in time ( there will have to be diversions ) and the last little bit ( which has been changed this year ) has a couple of surprises as well.

Do tell :smile:

0D5DC2FB-E26F-4A60-900B-FF95BB9F4734.jpeg

That’s the tight left.

BAB40F97-65B9-4A1D-AF7A-3FB6CE225B5D.jpeg

That bit in the middle is now anti terror blocks.

894A7624-B924-4C08-8249-7B5C0CE95FD3.png

That’s the tight right, immediately after the blocks.

5AADC049-87E1-4538-BFEA-31593E346788.jpeg

That’s the final left onto the Mall.

Norry1

Legendary Member
They’re turning Admiralty arch into a hotel, so the ‘arch’ is blocked.

Thanks for the update and pics.

steverob

Guru
Just seen the latest weather forecast for Sunday - pishing it down all day with possible thunderstorms as well. I can only hope they're wrong - got wet enough on last year's ride and don't fancy more of the same again (admittedly I'm only doing the 46 this time instead of the 100, but still wouldn't be pleasant).

Holloway55

Just seen the latest weather forecast for Sunday - pishing it down all day with possible thunderstorms as well. I can only hope they're wrong - got wet enough on last year's ride and don't fancy more of the same again (admittedly I'm only doing the 46 this time instead of the 100, but still wouldn't be pleasant).

Too early to tell, changes every hour. Met office currently have cloud all morning and light rain after 1600

vickster

Legendary Member
The 46 was very unpleasant in the rain, freezing cold before even starting. The weather also meant we missed the Kingston cut off. If weather bad, I’m even more glad I deferred!

MichaelO

Veteran
Which forecast though - I wouldn't trust the BBC. Darksky has been my go-to for the last year - seems pretty accurate. But it's still 5 days away - a lot can change between now & then!!

Top Bottom