RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2019) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
5D2C88B1-A811-49E1-99E1-AE36F8E97A96.jpeg

1st class train seat, oooh get me:laugh:. But to be fair, I didn’t realise I’d done it until I collected the ticket this morning.

137FF0E3-9BA9-4F0B-824E-34562B6C4DD9.jpeg

Travelodge’s finest ‘Super room’. Again, that was news to me:rofl:.

Now it’s just a little case of doing the ride, tomorrow. I’m taking it really easy this time. Every time I’ve pushed on, it’s ended up being a wasted effort, due to incidents and accidents.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi Vickster - long shot, but if your entry is still available to RideLondon I'd love to buy it from you!

mail.adrianwong@gmail.com

Thanks!

-Adrian
I’ve withdrawn and hope to re-enter next year. Being a woman, it wouldn’t have been feasible anyhow (and against the rules not least)!

The ballot and charity places for next year will open in the next week or two

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hi Vickster - long shot, but if your entry is still available to RideLondon I'd love to buy it from you!

mail.adrianwong@gmail.com

Thanks!

-Adrian
Just an observation for you. Aside from being against the rules this is a very dangerous and foolhardy thing to do. PRL will hold the original entrants details. In the event of an incident requiring medical treatment this could jeopardize the help and care the rider gets. The wrong emergency contact number could be used etc.

Anyone selling or buying a place is acting irresponsibly.

vickster

Legendary Member
Actually open already, I got the email this morning. Usual commiserations magazine expected in a few months…
I couldn't remember. But you've reminded me to look for a hotel for next year. See it’s later on 16 August

Last edited:
32980B56-5419-41CE-83E1-C186D9809157.jpeg

That’s another one done and dusted. This included the ride from my hotel to the start, and all the buggering about at the start. On the actual ride itself, I found myself in a fairly rapid group. The first 60 miles were done at 240 Watts average, and that yielded 21 mph average ( for 60 miles :eek:) my power meters went on the Fritz at Box hill ( they don’t have a strong enough signal to be picked up over all the other PMs about ). So I really had no idea what my output was, so I backed off to ‘play it safe’. There were the usual choppy idiots, but our lot got round pretty much unscathed. I nearly got wiped out by a pillock on a scooter, who went straight on, at a left only turn, on my ride to the velo park. Fortunately my swift left hook to his lid, woke him up, and there was no harm done. It was an eventful start to the day that’s for sure.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Anyone else spot a higher than usual number of incidents this year? Got held up at Richmond Park, had to disembark on Leith Hill and everyone walked for a bit until a car ambulance got past, and I saw at least 5 people being treated by the road. A woman who cycled back to Bank with me later said Box Hill had been closed due to an incident, although she finished quite late so I'm not 100% if she had just missed the cut off instead?

Anyways I finished the 99.40 miles (thanks RideLondon, even went round the long way when I could to try and pickup 100 miles but been conned again) in 6hrs 19mins, felt very leggy and despite drinking 8 bottles of water still rode with cramp in both legs from the bottom of Box Hill onwards.

Also, really should have stuck to the old adage of not trying anything for the first time on the day, did not get on with those Endura RideLondon bibs chamois at ALL. so my arse was hurting from 30 miles out.

All things considered,with the stoppages and my legginess not overly disappointed in missing my 6 hour target....plus my moving time probably was so :biggrin: EDIT: even my moving time missed the target by 7 mins. I proper sucked today lol.

Think this is my last one...although I said that last time.

Hope everyone had a fun, and safe day.

Last edited:
Anyone else spot a higher than usual number of incidents this year? Got held up at Richmond Park, had to disembark on Leith Hill and everyone walked for a bit until a car ambulance got past, and I saw at least 5 people being treated by the road. A woman who cycled back to Bank with me later said Box Hill had been closed due to an incident, although she finished quite late so I'm not 100% if she had just missed the cut off instead?

Anyways I finished the 99.40 miles (thanks RideLondon, even went round the long way when I could to try and pickup 100 miles but been conned again) in 6hrs 19mins, felt very leggy and despite drinking 8 bottles of water still rode with cramp in both legs from the bottom of Box Hill onwards.

Also, really should have stuck to the old adage of not trying anything for the first time on the day, did not get on with those Endura RideLondon bibs chamois at ALL. so my arse was hurting from 30 miles out.

All things considered,with the stoppages and my legginess not overly disappointed in missing my 6 hour target....plus my moving time probably was so :biggrin:

Think this is my last one...although I said that last time.

Hope everyone had a fun, and safe day.
At the front, there was one big ‘off’ it looked very bad ( possibly fatal?) but other than that it was trouble free.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I took the boat down to Kingston to see the ride and go on the piss . One rider just ploughed into the barriers , no one else involved as far as i could see and only him and another rider that stopped to help on the road . Fatigue i guess .
The pro race was pretty boring as they all just plodded past about 20 minutes behind the first rider . No idea who he was as i was burger and chips in with 5 pints . all in all it was a good ride london for me finished off with a donna kebab and two pub stops on the cruise back to my mooring .

dickyknees

Guru
We had a 07:52ish start and by the time we finished I had accumulated 2hrs and 22 mins of non moving time. This was due to numerous crashes and incidents. Food stops weren’t too bad but standing around waiting for the road to clear in numerous locations made for a frustrating day.

Missed Box Hill after the diversion was put in place after standing on Leith Hill.

Third year of participating and the worst riding I have seen.

And to top it all off, no medal. Apparently according to the bag ladies at the end Ride London had 5 pallets of medals but sent one back. Whether this is the reason or not but they did run of the 100 mile medals!

Norry1

Legendary Member
We had a 07:52ish start and by the time we finished I had accumulated 2hrs and 22 mins of non moving time. This was due to numerous crashes and incidents. Food stops weren’t too bad but standing around waiting for the road to clear in numerous locations made for a frustrating day.

Missed Box Hill after the diversion was put in place after standing on Leith Hill.

Third year of participating and the worst riding I have seen.

And to top it all off, no medal. Apparently according to the bag ladies at the end Ride London had 5 pallets of medals but sent one back. Whether this is the reason or not but they did run of the 100 mile medals!
I finished at 10.30 and the water steward told me (telling me to keep it quiet) that they didn't have enough medals!

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Yeah the lady I ride back with had missed out on a medal, but she had been given some form too fill in and they would send it out to her.

Good to see I'm not the only one who experienced more than usual incidents

SMH at this event running out of medals.

Top Bottom