RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2019) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
Have people received final instructions? I haven't got anything thru yet.
You should have received an email with a link to the website. After confirming this you will get a rider number and QR code.
If you haven't had an email you either haven't got a place or your email provider has decided it is junk.

groundy74

Nice to have clear roads though.....my first early(ish) start this year - 06:20 for me.
I've got 6.20am too which is much better than last year other than needing my lights to ride to start

peterdowning

Veteran
Out of curiosity, how do they decide on start times? To be conservative, my wife put down a predicted average speed of 13mph for the ride thinking it would get her an early start time but she's off at 8.30am. I'm 7.52 so will have to wait for her further up the course.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The faster you put on your entry form the earlier your start. If PRL know your history that will be considered. My ride was 5.19 and so I'd expect an early start next time I'm successful in the ballot.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yep faster riders start earlier. Which is pretty daft but allegedly reduces snarl ups (not really)

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks. We'll know for next time :-)
You can’t predict start times. A friend and I did it in 2015. We put the exact same numbers down and she started 20 mins earlier...she waited for me at Cannon St station which although a few miles in was an easy place to stop and get off the road

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
A lot of riders pull over to the left soon after the Limehouse tunnels to wait for others, which is where I've been stationed twice. Wide dual carriageway and the climb out of the tunnel strings the riders out and slows them down enough to see who's who.

Top Bottom