RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2019) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
Its a no for me, breaking my odd numbered year lucky streak. Ah well.

When does the super secret second ballot that noone ever seems to get in on take place?
It happens immediately after the actual ballot, so the results go out at the same time. Have already seen a tweet today from someone saying that they got a letter with their "Congratulations" magazine that said they had missed out on the main ballot but got in on one of the 1,000 second draw spots.

Its a no for me, breaking my odd numbered year lucky streak. Ah well.

When does the super secret second ballot that noone ever seems to get in on take place?
It already has been. I got in on it last year, I didn’t pre pay this year, so a no is a no, except it isn’t, because I’m riding for a charity.

greenmark

Guru
Entered two years in a row. Won the ballot twice.

Not sure I'll be in UK this time, so will decline an let my entry go to the next round ballot.

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
Entered two years in a row. Won the ballot twice.

Not sure I'll be in UK this time, so will decline an let my entry go to the next round ballot.

There aren't any further ballots after this - if you don't use the place you've won, it gets allocated to a Z-list celeb* instead.

* - actually it just gets wasted, but I thought I'd put that cause I know how much it winds up certain people on here that a large-ish number of places go to allegedly famous people every year!

L Q

Über Member
Got my 5th out of 5 attempts commiserations magazine.

I even got an email kick in the balls this time as well.

Bugger

peterdowning

Veteran
Last year my wife got in via the ballot and I didn't. She paid and deferred her entry.

This year, I got in too so we can both ride in 2019.

Any idea when she'll hear about her deferred place, and how to take it up?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Last year my wife got in via the ballot and I didn't. She paid and deferred her entry.

This year, I got in too so we can both ride in 2019.

Any idea when she'll hear about her deferred place, and how to take it up?

I think you were supposed to do that a while ago, you might have missed the window.

Top Bottom