RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2019) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Last year my wife got in via the ballot and I didn't. She paid and deferred her entry.

This year, I got in too so we can both ride in 2019.

Any idea when she'll hear about her deferred place, and how to take it up?
I seem to recall hearing about it in October when I rescheduled from 2014 to 2015. Has she checked her account?!
Otherwise they wouldn't know how many deferred places are being taken up and how many places remain for ballot/charities

Edit cross posted with @CarlP

Last edited:

peterdowning

Veteran
I seem to recall hearing about it in October when I rescheduled from 2014 to 2015. Has she checked her account?!
Otherwise they wouldn't know how many deferred places are being taken up and how many places remain for ballot/charities

Edit cross posted with @CarlP

Thanks Vickster and CarlP. I guess she's missed it, although she's adamant she hasn't had any other emails about this. I think we'd better contact them on Monday and see if there is any way round it.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Thanks Vickster and CarlP. I guess she's missed it, although she's adamant she hasn't had any other emails about this. I think we'd better contact them on Monday and see if there is any way round it.
This happened to me in 2016, I had a place and I won a place in a competition, I deferred the first place and used the comp place, I missed the deadline to pay/confirm the deferred by a day, I’m sure it was in October ‘17. They don’t remind you either the shites. When I called them to see if there’s any leeway they weren’t interested. Things may have changed.

Last edited:

peterdowning

Veteran
Update: Mrs D just found the (three) emails about taking up the deferred place so it looks like I'm riding alone (among the thousands of others). Or she gets a charity place. We were going to try to raise money for a good cause anyway so fingers crossed we can get her in that way.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Hi. No relation as far as I know. Our branch of the Downings are from South Yorkshire (but still no relation to Dean and Russell!)
Fair enough, I’ll delete that name for privacy. Perhaps you could edit and delete the quote in your reply please?

Freds Dad

Veteran
I've booked a hotel in Stratford to be near the start but need to plot a route from the finish back t the hotel.

Does anyone have suggestions of the best route to take?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I've booked a hotel in Stratford to be near the start but need to plot a route from the finish back t the hotel.

Head east and Follow the signs to the start, they’ll probably still be up the roads will be quiet.

vickster

Legendary Member

There's bound to be a route on Strava to download. Search 'mall to Stratford ride London' or similar

vickster

Legendary Member
Update: Mrs D just found the (three) emails about taking up the deferred place so it looks like I'm riding alone (among the thousands of others). Or she gets a charity place. We were going to try to raise money for a good cause anyway so fingers crossed we can get her in that way.
Oh dear. Was it around October?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Walk along the Mall to Trafalgar Square (I've exited on the Piccadilly side once - big mistake!), Northumberland Avenue to Embankment CS3, follow that east past the Tower into the old bit, then left up Cannon Street Road (second big crossroads on the old bit) and New Road, right onto Whitechapel Road CS2 and follow it to Stratford.

dan1502

I last did this in 2016, i have finally got in through the Ballot for this year....... Does anyone have any good training programmes, i must be honest i havnt cycled in almost 6months due to various reasons... but its time to get my arse back in the saddle

vickster

Legendary Member
Top Bottom