RideLondon2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've been perusing the terms and conditions and stuff like that.

https://lmeldigitalcontent.blob.cor...itions of Entry RideLondon-Essex 100 2022.pdf

There doesn't seem to be the same litany of Things that are Not Allowed as previously. And e-bikes would appear to be allowed. Indeed if you look at clause 4.5 ( Only Electric assisted pedal cycles (an “EAPC”) are permitted in the Event. ) you could be forgiven for thinking that e-bikes are mandatory ;)

Various exclusions/mandates do exist (Section 4) such as: No pets (so bang goes my plan for a husky team to pull me); No funny handlebars; . No use of phones while riding. Functioning brakes and handlebar plugs are mandatory. Helmets are mandatory.

No exclusion of recumbents, it would seem.

You could theoretically get in trouble for posting pictures of yourself grinning with your medal on social media because (section 8) You shall not take, record and/or transmit any sound, image and/or description of the Event other than for Your exclusive, private and domestic use

There is a time limit of 8 hours (that's in the Ts and Cs not the general conditions doc above) You can get booted from the event if you are drunk, disorderly or if it looks like you won't manage the time limit. (Section 5)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
No exclusion of recumbents, it would seem.
I think RLS was one of few British Cycling events to allow them, so it's good to see that continued. I thought they had their own start waves, but maybe that was only handcycles.

You can get booted from the event if you are drunk, disorderly or if it looks like you won't manage the time limit. (Section 5)
Anyone here going to try for the treble? ;)

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Just started searching for more info on the event.
Only think of interest was the first 10,000 places sold out on Day 1. Those that missed the boat can enter the dreaded ballot.

Hoping to find details of how many riders there'll be in total, and a route plan would be nice - even if only a draft.

Top Bottom