RideLondon2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
£89 plus hotel and travel for me. It's not that appealing. Then again can't remember the last sportive I rode now !

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I still think I might go for it, being a Londoner, just so I can tick it off and say "done that". This is despite a large part of me being pretty unenthusiastic about the idea.

My real motivation is so that I can make posts on here saying "Well, when I did Ride London it was rubbish". That's got to be worth £89
And now there is both first-come and a straight ballot without weighting, so they might even let you!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Can I ask which Travelodge you have chosen?
Certainly. Bethnal Green. We stayed there in 2018 and found it worked very well as a location. Only a 2.5 mile ride to Olympic Park, a couple of pizza/Italian restaurants nearby, easy parking, excellent cafe for Monday breakfast ten minutes walk away and staff had no problems with bikes being taken to our rooms.

I've paid £164 for two nights which is fully refundable and for London I feel is good value.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Thank you.
I’ve taken a punt and booked the Premier Inn near the Excel Centre hoping the city centre is relatively near.
The centre (well, The Mall finish line) is about an hour from Excel at my speed IIRC but it is pretty easy riding along NCN13 and CS3 (might have been relabelled C3 by now). The Olympic Park is closer, along side streets.

steverob

Guru
I'm going to be on holiday (hopefully anyway) for a large chunk of May and while I would be back in time for RideLondon, I really don't want to spend my time away having to "train" (and I say that in the loosest sense of the word), so I probably won't bother to enter this year and will hang on for the next edition instead.

Thanks for that information @Dogtrousers :okay:
Eighty nine pounds is a bit steep but seeing it's on my doorstep i'm going to enter in for it.
I could take you around a few hills near where i live which would surprise you in there steepness but i doubt if they would use these in this event.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thanks for that information @Dogtrousers :okay:
Eighty nine pounds is a bit steep but seeing it's on my doorstep i'm going to enter in for it.
I could take you around a few hills near where i live which would surprise you in there steepness but i doubt if they would use these in this event.
To be honest I was trolling a bit, and I thought I'd get a few Essex boys pointing out that it's not all flat. ;)

Top Bottom