RideLondon2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've seen three complaints on twitter from people who have received a congrats mag and a letter addressed to someone else. Oops.

Plus the usual .... it's SO UNFAIR I'm not entering EVER AGAIN boo hoo

Reactions: GM
After never getting in by the ballot(did it for charity in 2016)i had forgotten all about it and when i got the magazine today i just expected another commiserations so i couldn't believe it when it said congratulations.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I’ve just opened mine and on first look I was in but the acceptance form is for some one else entirely .
Gutted .
I saw that several people on twitter were reporting exactly the same thing. Beginning to look like a major screw up.

Could also have privacy implications as they sound like they are sending random people's personal data to other random people.

steverob

Guru
Plus the usual .... it's SO UNFAIR I'm not entering EVER AGAIN boo hoo
Yeah, I've already seen one person complaining that this was the tenth straight year they'd been rejected (amazing considering that this is only the eighth year it's been run), then another saying that they need to find a fairer system than a random ballot (that's surely as fair a system as is possible?).

vickster

Legendary Member
Well that's a surprise both Mrs T and I got in to the ride this year, but as we both thought we wouldn't get in we've booked our holiday for then.

Anyone know the dates for 2021?
Some time in August presumably, not yet announced

I'm sure you know, if you defer you have to pay twice, I think it was £78 this year :ohmy:, And presumably it'll go up again next year too

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Yeah, I've already seen one person complaining that this was the tenth straight year they'd been rejected (amazing considering that this is only the eighth year it's been run), then another saying that they need to find a fairer system than a random ballot (that's surely as fair a system as is possible?).

It’s not a random ballot though and I think that’s the complaint.

Reactions: mjr

toffee

Guru
Some time in August presumably, not yet announced

I'm sure you know, if you defer you have to pay twice, I think it was £78 this year :ohmy:, And presumably it'll go up again next year too

I see that they are also after a new sponsor for next year.

Maybe we take our chances next year

steverob

Guru
It’s not a random ballot though and I think that’s the complaint.
Well they actually said "random ballot" in their tweet, plus they were replying to a RideLondon tweet that said "unweighted ballot". And both of those are quotes. Maybe the rules have changed?

I also have to eat a bit of humble pie it seems...
Me getting a place : odds not offered (too remote a chance!)
...because I just came home to a Congratulations magazine. Really did NOT expect that!

Top Bottom