Rider down - my son

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Glad he's ok...

Things have changed.
I had a big tumble as a kid...one of thousands..i told the teacher I was in a lot of pain..
I was put in a 4 wheel kids trolley and taken off the field to the reception and left in the trolley legs and arms hanging over the sides..
Mum arrived..shouted at me for wasting her time..
Put in a car and off to A&E..more anger from mother..
4 hrs later I was in a full leg cast tib and fib fracture..concussion ..and severe sprain too my wrist...ahh well.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Thanks all. He's up and moving fine today although a bit gingerly.

And before you ask "how's the bike", the X-Wing was returned to us this morning. Apart from a buckled rear wheel and bent mech hanger it's fine. He took the impact of the fall with his head and the bike simply bounced away.

I'm aware the helmet debate has both sides - but it's another vote of confidence for the Uvex helmets I buy for the family.
Training him well then, were his fist words "hows my bike ? "

GWS to mini dc !

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Excellent!!
What time did you get out? Was it just x-rays, or a CT as well?

(presume he was at a race/training session, so he'd have had to wear it anyway?)

Yes, first outdoor cross session of the year.

We were around around 11.30pm, no x-rays or CT scan due to his age just a lot of checking. Apart from him waiting a long while the doctor was kind - please pass on our thanks to Angela.

Hmm. Interesting thread. Do you get 14 inch turbo trainer tyres? Afraid to let my progeny outside.

No to 14" turbo tyres but his club-mates ride rollers on 20" ones ^_^

Training him well then, were his fist words "hows my bike ? "

Not yesterday but today on seeing his X-wing was "is that all the damage, it bounces well". I hadn't even posted a photo of the build.

Get him back in the saddle asap. :smile:

We will. Whether he races on Friday at York is still to be seen depending upon recovery but he wants to as he wants to use this in anger for the first time:

s-l1600-jpg-338940-jpg.347052.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
OUCH!!!...........I really hated it any time I saw one of my kids get hurt so really feel for you. Glad the outcome has been a good one.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
My 12yo had a crash yesterday evening - he landed on his head at speed following a downhill jump when a branch got caught in his wheel. Cue ambulance, body board and the rest.

Thanks to @Richard A Thackeray who was on hospital duty at the time. We'll have to meet up properly Richard rather than me being a concerned parent when we spoke.

The helmet's smashed and the newly-built cross bike looks a mess but he's ended up with just cuts and bruises.
Ouch. GWS DCL Jnr.

And, what do you do when you fall off the bike? You get straight back on. Well, when your napper stops hurting, obviously.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Glad your son is OK and that you got out of A&E in good time. The NHS work miracles daily and do really seem to step up their game from excellent to outstanding, when it comes to kids.

Top Bottom