Rider down - my son

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Glad he's relatively ok and keen to get back on the bike already.

gavgav

Guru
My 12yo had a crash yesterday evening - he landed on his head at speed following a downhill jump when a branch got caught in his wheel. Cue ambulance, body board and the rest.

Thanks to @Richard A Thackeray who was on hospital duty at the time. We'll have to meet up properly Richard rather than me being a concerned parent when we spoke.

The helmet's smashed and the newly-built cross bike looks a mess but he's ended up with just cuts and bruises.
Very sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for him

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
My 12yo had a crash yesterday evening - he landed on his head at speed following a downhill jump when a branch got caught in his wheel. Cue ambulance, body board and the rest.

Thanks to @Richard A Thackeray who was on hospital duty at the time. We'll have to meet up properly Richard rather than me being a concerned parent when we spoke.

The helmet's smashed and the newly-built cross bike looks a mess but he's ended up with just cuts and bruises.
Sorry, I totally missed this post. Must have been really frightening for you both, so glad he is already up and running again.

Brave if you also to mention the "H" word. I have to admit it was probably one of the first three things that struck me about your posts.

Best wishes .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
GWS. Glad it wasn't worse

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The bin lids do have their place at times. Judging by the two smashed helmets ive had. Shame a couldn't get a shoulder helmet.

Certainly have their uses when you are pushing it and an essential for real off road cycling.

Shaun

Founder
Must have been a pretty scary moment for both of you @DCLane; glad he's not too badly bashed-up, and him and the bike will be back in action again soon. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom