Rider interviews

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martinsnos

Does anyone else fast-forward through rider interviews? I find them a total waste of time (very formulaic, not giving away the game [fair enough] etc).

Incidentally, rider profiles is something I think the sport’s governing body really need to work on. Encourage the broadcasters to do [good] features on key players in each race and follow their progress closely throughout the (stage) race (so could feature 1 or 2 up and coming riders as well as ‘stars’).

As above, I don’t think the interviews come close to what is needed.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Mostly, yes.

Some riders are definitely worth watching though in my opinion. Cavendish is the one that springs to mind - he wears his heart on his sleeve and is usually open and honest in interviews 🙂

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Mostly, yes.

Some riders are definitely worth watching though in my opinion. Cavendish is the one that springs to mind - he wears his heart on his sleeve and is usually open and honest in interviews 🙂
I remember one interview with him very early in his career. He'd just not won something that he was aiming for, and there may or may not have been some sprinty controversy.

A reporter caught him immediately afterwards, still on his bike. "So, Mark, what have you learned from today". Cav responded with a murderous glare, and said "Nothing" and rode off.

Top Bottom